Game Development: Bog Turtle Boogaloo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bog Turtle Boogaloo

Postby loftar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Sollar wrote:Lag is like 5 to 10 second spikes now :(

I am noticing. No idea why yet.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Sollar wrote:Lag is like 5 to 10 second spikes now :(

yeah lag tonight is absolutely brutal
Pills

Postby Hasta » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:18 pm

loftar wrote:I am noticing. No idea why yet.

Could it be that all the realmless cairns of a "forfeited" realms that are not really forfeited are messing with your integrity? I mean, database integrity :?
Hasta

Postby loftar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:19 pm

Hasta wrote:

Could it be that all the realmless cairns of a "forfeited" realms that are not really forfeited are messing with your integrity? I mean, database integrity :?

There's nothing special about those cairns. We just removed the coronation stones, just like the intended mechanic works.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby terechgracz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Can you reclaim theese cairns somehow?
terechgracz

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 pm

terechgracz wrote:Can you reclaim theese cairns somehow?

They can be challenged by another realm and destroyed or the original realm builders can rebuild a coronation stone and take back what remains.
Kaios

Postby Artemiswhb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:30 pm

loftar wrote:
Hasta wrote:

There's nothing special about those cairns. We just removed the coronation stones, just like the intended mechanic works.

Then it's not really forfeit is it? They can just move it to some deep cave layer, or anywhere really, and nothing of it is lost?
Artemiswhb

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 pm

I wouldn't call what happened at Helfors "nothing was lost". If they care to rebuild, then that's good.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 pm

jorb wrote:I wouldn't call what happened at Helfors "nothing was lost". If they care to rebuild, then that's good.

Well they got 24h to move everything out so there's no loot left, can confirm that. And they still got industry ahead of everyone else that they made using these attributes.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Omnipotent » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote:I wouldn't call what happened at Helfors "nothing was lost". If they care to rebuild, then that's good.

Well they got 24h to move everything out so there's no loot left, can confirm that. And they still got industry ahead of everyone else that they made using these attributes.

No kidding. The second they were warned their accounts should have been frozen. Giving them 24h to move all their loot out before getting nuked is not punishment at all.

If this is the extent of the punishment then it's a joke. It doesn't actually fix anything, and they are still at large with their bug(s). It only took them a month to get stupid stats.

I feel like this is being downplayed hard. Why else would they stay quiet and let themselves get nuked.

Edit: Imagine if S.W.A.T. gave people a 24 hour warning to fess up before raiding them. They would never catch anyone. :lol:
Omnipotent

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements