Game Development: Bog Turtle Boogaloo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bog Turtle Boogaloo

Postby NeoBasilisk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:52 am

jorb wrote:I wouldn't call what happened at Helfors "nothing was lost". If they care to rebuild, then that's good.

What is this referring to?

Edit: nvm found it
NeoBasilisk

Postby Mario_Demorez » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:06 am

Giving a warning to a group of bug exploiters and expecting them not to remove all their stuff in the time given is crazy. Nothing but the land and some characters are lost. IF they still have the gear and tools that they've gained from exploiting they'll just get back to being high statted in a week or so. The punishment was a good idea, just not done correctly. Yall keep doing this over and over with nukes. Give target ample time to remove their shit from the area and then nuke them. Effectively doing nothing but removing their walls and houses.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Tamalak » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:30 am

Plz don't remove hunger. You'll be basically forcing ppl to play every 4 hours to keep up if satiations are the only thing gating FEPs..
Tamalak

Postby Mario_Demorez » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 am

Tamalak wrote:Plz don't remove hunger. You'll be basically forcing ppl to play every 4 hours to keep up if satiations are the only thing gating FEPs..

Not really. The only thing removing hunger will do is stop players from needing to quest or eat salt before they eat to get 300%. It will also remove the now required labor alt you need. Removing hunger won’t change the fact you still need to bow to satiations before any real gods. If they remove hunger it will just reduce stat gain tbh unless they buff all base fep.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Ronin30 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 am

YOU GOT 24 HOURS TO TELL ME HOW YOU CHEATED OR ELSE

::proceed to alt vault and vault across accounts for 24hours::

such punishment much wow.

no one else noticed they mass dropped bugged items into the water? I've looted 3 items with fucked up values now...
Who knows how many they dropped in the water for 24 hours, this world is absolutely fucked and needs a reset after some changes.

They basically seeded the bugged items all over the entire world through the use of the flotsam mechanic
Ronin30

Postby Tamalak » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 am

Mario_Demorez wrote:
Tamalak wrote:Plz don't remove hunger. You'll be basically forcing ppl to play every 4 hours to keep up if satiations are the only thing gating FEPs..

Not really. The only thing removing hunger will do is stop players from needing to quest or eat salt before they eat to get 300%. It will also remove the now required labor alt you need. Removing hunger won’t change the fact you still need to bow to satiations before any real gods. If they remove hunger it will just reduce stat gain tbh unless they buff all base fep.

Salt is not a problem. There's not enough of it. Questing is a problem. It's providing a borked way to get around hunger. The solution is to unbork it, not remove the hunger mechanic which exists for good reason. Diminishing returns or some limit to questing is LONG overdue (I suggest just lowering the odds of getting a quest the more you've been questing in the past week)

As for labor alts.. there should be some mode of eating that gives you the energy from food but not the FEPS. Tada, labor problem solved.

Hunger is ez to fix. I'm surprised the developers are even considering removing it.
Tamalak

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:29 am

Mario_Demorez wrote:

Not really. The only thing removing hunger will do is stop players from needing to quest or eat salt before they eat to get 300%.

You're assuming food will still get a 3x bonus when hunger is removed.

If I recall correctly, the hunger levels were originally implemented as a means to help those that couldn't play as much or have the means to produce the higher quality symbel items. Instead, it's been used as a means to further amplify character development and push stat levels beyond that what we had in previous worlds. Top stats in w6 (and 7 when w8 was started) were something in the few thousand range, not 30k+ range (end of w10).

Tamalak wrote:As for labor alts.. there should be some mode of eating that gives you the energy from food but not the FEPS. Tada, labor problem solved.

Without hunger, there is no "labor problem" and no need for alts. Just get the work done. Question then will you be eating efficiently or loaded with satiations? I think that solves itself over the "energy only vs FEP foods" debate. It's all the same now, and if you get eventually getting an attribute point, it's better than a 0 like what that proposal would create. (Although I wouldn't be opposed to something like a "miner's fuel" that gives some energy and bonuses to mining, strength, etc.)

Why people are so attached to clearly broken mechanic that only benefits a small portion of the player base, I don't know. Removing hunger, I think, should be a good thing. Yes, you might be getting a benefit from it, but someone else is clearly getting a much bigger benefit.

Not sure what bonus salt should get if it is removed... another spice probably is too much to the system, especially after this week's discovery.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ocerion » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:40 am

As a player without a ton of time for questing, I'd very solidly appreciate hunger being removed. It being there doesn't really help anyone, but it does absolutely hurt people who can't dedicate 18 hours a day to quests.
Ocerion

Postby stickman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:30 am

i feel that if the decision is to remove hunger then satiations need to be adjusted accordinly otherwise people who only play after work or certain times of the day will be eating 3-4 times less then people with no jobs and wil quickly fall way behind.
stickman

Postby Hasta » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:54 am

stickman wrote:people who only play after work wil quickly fall way behind.

...as opposed to current totally different situation where everyone is on the level regarless of time spent questing.
Hasta

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements