Game Development: Mead & Cider

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mead & Cider

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:56 pm

Dakkan wrote:I've been mining throughout the update, and the new changes seem to fuck me over in regards to gaining the rare attribute point that I might have gotten otherwise. I don't get it.

Edit: I mean during refilling my energy (which must be done), the FEP gain is horrific now.

but they didn't change any aspect of FEP here?
sabinati

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Angwyn wrote:
Kaios wrote:My point is the change is lackluster. I was hoping for something that encouraged making and eating more food and giving players like myself (casuals) a chance to catch up in the rat race.

How can you possibly think that removing current restrictions like hunger or satiations would allow you to catch up to players who invest far more time and work? Satiations already exist to help casual players, as it severely limits how much you can eat per day. If there were no restrictions to eating, dedicated players would have 20x your stats. Botters would have 50x your stats.

That’s the problem I guess, isn’t it? At first players were eating so much food up until their hunger level was totally screwed up because they still ended up with more stats than if they had just been eating fewer foods at 300%. Eating was made more difficult as a result. Then they got the kebab advantage, which was prompty fixed after a few players capitalized on it. And then satiations were made to take even longer before they dissipate. Now those players are still and will remain ahead simply because no one can eat anything. I’m not sure there is a fix for this situation but I am certain that this energy thing changes nothing.
Kaios

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 pm

loftar wrote:
Kaios wrote:but I feel like this change does not really address any of the issues people still have with satiations and stat raising. Nothing really changed in that regard, most of us are still behind and will remain behind likely until this world ends.

If you're going to state that, it would be much more useful if you could point out what was wrong with the reasoning I presented.

Im a little miffed at the hunger change as well. I feel like by the time I manage to get a foodgroup to 0% in the satiations i'll have already nuked my hunger bar to oblivion. If my meat is already at 50%, I'm not going to continue cramming meat down my characters face to get to 0%. There have been other ideas kicked around that could function a little better. These include:
Eating anywhere excluding a table gives no feps and no hunger
Add foods like hardtack that give only energy, no hunger or feps
Add a hearth magic spell that gives energy
Fierce_Deity

Postby Dakkan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 pm

sabinati wrote:
Dakkan wrote:I've been mining throughout the update, and the new changes seem to fuck me over in regards to gaining the rare attribute point that I might have gotten otherwise. I don't get it.

Edit: I mean during refilling my energy (which must be done), the FEP gain is horrific now.

but they didn't change any aspect of FEP here?

Or did they?
Dakkan

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Fierce_Deity wrote:
loftar wrote:
Kaios wrote:but I feel like this change does not really address any of the issues people still have with satiations and stat raising. Nothing really changed in that regard, most of us are still behind and will remain behind likely until this world ends.

If you're going to state that, it would be much more useful if you could point out what was wrong with the reasoning I presented.

Im a little miffed at the hunger change as well. I feel like by the time I manage to get a foodgroup to 0% in the satiations i'll have already nuked my hunger bar to oblivion. If my meat is already at 50%, I'm not going to continue cramming meat down my characters face to get to 0%. There have been other ideas kicked around that could function a little better. These include:
Eating anywhere excluding a table gives no feps and no hunger
Add foods like hardtack that give only energy, no hunger or feps
Add a hearth magic spell that gives energy

Not to mention that if you stop eating for 16 hours, the sat will regenerate to 100% and you'll have to tank your hunger again to lower it lol
LaserSaysPew

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Yea thats true as well. @Devs, I just don't understand how you think this approach solves anything if we have to nuke the hunger bar to begin with.
Fierce_Deity

Postby mietzi94 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:18 pm

I like that you are trying to help miners out here but i dont really get the point.

You want me to run bots now that eat 24/7 for me to hold my satiations at 0% so i do not get any hunger penalties?
Every day i need to grind 1 satiation down again wich will result in a hunger loss anyway.
I said it before i would like a credo lvl on miner or sth that reduces stamina drain while mining significantly more, because it feels like your character actually progressed.
He got so good at mining that it feels easier now.
It looks a little bit complex and easy to abuse right now, and tbf. a little bit stupid. I can see myself eating 1000s of beetroots/carrots a day, wich isnt a lot of fun either..
It was never about stat gains or anything, for me it was only about having to constantly eat all the fucking time like a slave alt. (still a big problem in the game, maybe make Slave credo hehe?)
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:30 pm

I had misread the change to the hunger, its not as off the mark as it first seemed. If you are at 60% in satiation, that food will give you 60% hunger. So no, its not the change we were expecting, but technically the feps eaten scaling with the hunger does make fep gain easier for hard labor characters.
Fierce_Deity

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 pm

This game is in alpha stage as you say so yourselves. Why are you afraid of experimenting? Don't stick to half measures. Remove the hunger and see what happens. Especially since lots of players are asking for it. It's not like you can't bring it back any moment you'd like. Introduce fluid meta, seeding new q nodes every month(seasons), silently changing combat moves +5, +2, -3%, cooldowns, making some of them better, some worse, leaving it for players to discover. Also every month with a change of season without giving it too much thought. Meta needs to shift to stay interesting, there always needs to be a place for discovery.
LaserSaysPew

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:43 pm

loftar wrote:
LaserSaysPew wrote:Remove the hunger and see what happens.

There have been quite reasonable arguments levied against that.

Okay, fair enough. Were there any arguments against food that gives 0 feps and 0 hunger to replenish energy?
Were there any arguments against making sats accumulate up to 300% with the condition that >100% = 100%?
LaserSaysPew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements