Game Development: Mead & Cider

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mead & Cider

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Glac1al wrote:It's just a suggestion, as things currently stand you're pretty much forced to run an alt for building a base and several other things depending on the amount of people you're playing with. Having some other form of energy restoration might be beneficial to help others catch up to people who have basically zero energy issues.

Sorry if I came across harsh on this. I'm one of the ones that believes the whole hunger/energy/food system needs a rework and further explanation. I don't like the fact that people still feel the need to make labor alts to create their initial base so they don't burn their hunger up on "meaningless labor." (I have several solutions to this, primarily "quit wasting your time making 'level' bases," but people don't want to consider my version of aesthetics, I guess.)

Add in to that the whole inconsistency of "heavy labor." While at or below 5000 energy, you can't mine, but you can cut down trees and dig up stumps a a few other things.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sollar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:30 pm

jorb wrote:Fixed a bug by which corpses, if carried overhead while swimming and drowning, would disappear, rather than drop in the water.

Shouldn't like be any dev cape award on this one?
Sollar

Postby MikeOfDragon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:02 am

I think the issue with hunger and satiations is that it feels like I'm being punished for trying to raise stats. Eat food until I can't anymore, then quit playing actively until I'm back to hungry/ravenous. Only thing to do is logging on and maybe hunting a few animals. But if the village has a surplus of meat and animals waiting to be made into food, why hunt?
jordancoles wrote:I'm a genius so I've never done this personally, but I can see how some people might accidentally click on the wrong box
MikeOfDragon

Postby Glac1al » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:37 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Glac1al wrote:It's just a suggestion, as things currently stand you're pretty much forced to run an alt for building a base and several other things depending on the amount of people you're playing with. Having some other form of energy restoration might be beneficial to help others catch up to people who have basically zero energy issues.

Sorry if I came across harsh on this. I'm one of the ones that believes the whole hunger/energy/food system needs a rework and further explanation. I don't like the fact that people still feel the need to make labor alts to create their initial base so they don't burn their hunger up on "meaningless labor." (I have several solutions to this, primarily "quit wasting your time making 'level' bases," but people don't want to consider my version of aesthetics, I guess.)

Add in to that the whole inconsistency of "heavy labor." While at or below 5000 energy, you can't mine, but you can cut down trees and dig up stumps a a few other things.

Didn't find anything harsh, no offenses taken. Misunderstandings are common.
MikeOfDragon wrote:I think the issue with hunger and satiations is that it feels like I'm being punished for trying to raise stats. Eat food until I can't anymore, then quit playing actively until I'm back to hungry/ravenous. Only thing to do is logging on and maybe hunting a few animals. But if the village has a surplus of meat and animals waiting to be made into food, why hunt?

It kind of is like that, you either login to do some village task or credo or spam quests in hopes of stomach relief :) and there's nothing wrong with that I think, as long as people investing their time into the game feel good.
Glac1al

Postby PaoloFu » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Glac1al wrote:... Giving people energy while sleeping might also help with the miner problems. Sounds more balanced in terms of PvP and whatnot than energy-refilling drinks. Shoving cupboards of food every other hour to keep them at 0% doesn't sound too good, despite the introduced scaling being a fairly great idea.

Even adding a buff could help everyone that's behind in terms of stats to catch up, like getting 150-200% more energy when you're 'Well Rested' from 6-8 maybe more hours of sleep or something....

Maybe it would be possible to have different energy regeneration speeds based on the hunger, like 100% on satiated, and 0% on ravenous?
PaoloFu

Postby sneq » Thu May 02, 2019 1:19 pm

Thanks for implementations!
I thought adding new drinks is a difficult process, how about Kombucha, fermented tea?
Here idea:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65523
World 10: Hermit - Trollhand Castle
World 11: Lawspeaker - Falcon Bay
sneq

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu May 02, 2019 7:11 pm

sneq wrote:Thanks for implementations!
I thought adding new drinks is a difficult process, how about Kombucha, fermented tea?
Here idea:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65523

50% chance to buff creepies and crawlies, 50% chance to cause wound "botulism"
Zentetsuken

Postby Vassteel » Thu May 02, 2019 9:09 pm

I burn through energy like its going out of style. so I more or less eat only grasshoppers and butter porridge. which does suck as I cant really feast on anything effectively but im definitely not going to cutback on the basebuilding and tree farming that's not really an option
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Previous

Return to Announcements