Game Development: Cigar Box

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cigar Box

Postby algeralith » Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 am

loftar wrote:
svino wrote:gated by global server leader? why are you nerfing 1 person more than others?

We're not nerfing "1 person more than others", rather the further you are from the leader, the more quests you can do per unit of time, in a continuous fashion. The rationale being that it's kind of an experiment in countering the "can't catch up" thing.

At the same time, are you not discouraging people from playing? Most of the hardcore grinders now have no reason to log in and play anymore.
Three quests per day. That takes less than an hour of actual time.

No wonder a lot of people in our group are moving towards other games like Albion. You guys just seem to constantly discourage active play in favor of casual players.
algeralith

Postby svino » Sun May 05, 2019 12:21 am

jorb wrote:Won't affect you at all if you aren't in like the top 10% of server questing. Likely this changes nothing for you sprucecaps.

top 10% of rewards gained from quests, or top 10% of quests done?

and i think 3 quests is too small of a number
svino

Postby LaserSaysPew » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 am

Any plans on 1 extra quest per credo level instead of 2?
LaserSaysPew

Postby Sir_Ziggy » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 am

i had not 4% on cheese before patch :|
New satiations visual isnt working
Last edited by Sir_Ziggy on Sun May 05, 2019 12:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sir_Ziggy

Postby Jesterz » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 am

Does the quest timegate affect credo quests??
Jesterz

Postby Astarisk » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 am

algeralith wrote:
loftar wrote:
svino wrote:gated by global server leader? why are you nerfing 1 person more than others?

We're not nerfing "1 person more than others", rather the further you are from the leader, the more quests you can do per unit of time, in a continuous fashion. The rationale being that it's kind of an experiment in countering the "can't catch up" thing.

At the same time, are you not discouraging people from playing? Most of the hardcore grinders now have no reason to log in and play anymore.
Three quests per day. That takes less than an hour of actual time.

No wonder a lot of people in our group are moving towards other games like Albion. You guys just seem to constantly discourage active play in favor of casual players.

Hey, I'm looking forward to turning in my 3 "Greet Gerdgen" quests a day where I get no reward thats meaningful. I'll probably be done questing after the second day of this and have no real reason to log on anymore except to upgrade my industry every few weeks.

That global leader pool is only meaningful if people actually quest. :roll:
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 am

Jesterz wrote:Does the quest timegate affect credo quests??

No.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Hose » Sun May 05, 2019 12:23 am

jorb wrote:Won't affect you at all if you aren't in like the top 10% of server questing. Likely this changes nothing for you sprucecaps.

>Calls people sprucecaps
>Is literally the biggest sprucecap in this game
>BIGTHONK
Hose

Postby loftar » Sun May 05, 2019 12:24 am

algeralith wrote:At the same time, are you not discouraging people from playing? Most of the hardcore grinders now have no reason to log in and play anymore.

There's a strange balance to strike between that and "not being able to stop playing for five seconds or risk falling behind". I'm certainly not sure exactly where the proper balance lies, but it is my feeling that this is a step towards it. I also don't necessarily mind that you might have to prioritize and choose between quests, rather than just doing as many as possible. Open to changes though, for sure.

svino wrote:top 10% of rewards gained from quests, or top 10% of quests done?

The "top 10%" is not a formal mechanic, just a reflection on the fact that we noted that only the top 10% of questers were actually doing more than 3 per day.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby flashshark » Sun May 05, 2019 12:24 am

while you lie below the global server leader in number of completed quests

Will this count of completed quests start now, or does it use the number of quests that have been completed already from the start of the world? As in, are we all at "0 completed quests" now?
flashshark

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements