Game Development: Cigar Box

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cigar Box

Postby czaper2 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:24 am

My problem is you're adding some dumb mechanic to solve an issue that could have been solved with already existing mechanics.

Why don't the tree's ever ask me to study some 36h+ curio like the other quests do?

^ which brings me to a point. Is this time gate for tree quests, credo quests, or both? It wasn't mentioned.
czaper2

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:25 am

This has been a heavily requested change, and something we've advertised as under contemplation. You've had plenty of time to voice your concerns.

Also, again, it probably doesn't affect you.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby falinix » Sun May 05, 2019 12:25 am

8 QUESTs RDY TO DELIVER; I GUESS IAM DONE FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS; GG
falinix

Postby loftar » Sun May 05, 2019 12:25 am

Sir_Ziggy wrote:i had not 4% on cheese before patch :|
New satiations visual isnt working

It's a client-side change, so you just need an updated client for that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby czaper2 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am

In any case you should at least update the original post.

Saying time gate quests, when it only means 1/2 the quests because you didn't specify between credo quests or quest-giving tree's is only going to lead to more people asking this same question.
czaper2

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am

czaper2 wrote:My problem is you're adding some dumb mechanic to solve an issue that could have been solved with already existing mechanics.

Why don't the tree's ever ask me to study some 36h+ curio like the other quests do?

^ which brings me to a point. Is this time gate for tree quests, credo quests, or both? It wasn't mentioned.

Non credo quests. Updated OP. The suggested change is not an alternative to the change implemented.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am

czaper2 wrote:In any case you should at least update the original post.

Maybe give me two minutes.

jorb

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:28 am

flashshark wrote:
while you lie below the global server leader in number of completed quests

Will this count of completed quests start now, or does it use the number of quests that have been completed already from the start of the world? As in, are we all at "0 completed quests" now?

Global server leader calculated from world start. Your quest pool initiated as empty, meaning you have a significant buffer to burn through before you'll feel the cap.

jorb

Postby Ejnekor » Sun May 05, 2019 12:28 am

jorb wrote:This has been a heavily requested change, and something we've advertised as under contemplation. You've had plenty of time to voice your concerns.

Also, again, it probably doesn't affect you.

Is there a cap for how much more quests someone behind can complete daily? How different that number? 3 per day seems like a really low amount for active players overall.
Ejnekor

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 am

Could I suggest that the quest, uh, satiation(?) be based on the rewards received, as opposed to quests completed. I feel making encouraging people to only do big quests will lead to undesirable side effects on gameplay.

(((Assuming it doesn't already work this way)))
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements