Game Development: Cigar Box

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cigar Box

Postby Ejnekor » Sun May 05, 2019 12:33 am

loftar wrote:It increases contiguously up to a maximum of 12 based on the ratio between you and the leader.

Oh that is neat info deserving to be in OP i think!

Any chance to see how many we can do daily in game btw? Like some sort of counter ticking down or something... just for convenience!
Ejnekor

Postby mietzi94 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:33 am

I think if you removed the stupid "increased .... quality by 1" and actually give decent rewards only (maybe choosable?) it could actually work fine. High charisma gets higher rewards obviously. Then it could actually work.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:33 am

Ejnekor wrote:
loftar wrote:It increases contiguously up to a maximum of 12 based on the ratio between you and the leader.

Oh that is neat info deserving to be in OP i think!

Updating OP.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby LaserSaysPew » Sun May 05, 2019 12:33 am

jorb wrote:
LaserSaysPew wrote:Let's say I have a 3 quest per day limit. If I don't quest for a week will I have 21 quests limit accumulated?

Yes.

Nice! Awesome change!
Any plans on 1 extra quest per credo lvl instead of 2? You talked about it on the stream iirc.
LaserSaysPew

Postby loftar » Sun May 05, 2019 12:34 am

Ejnekor wrote:Any chance to see how many we can do daily in game btw? Like some sort of counter ticking down or something... just for convenience!

Not sure. I'm not entirely closed to the idea, but I wanted it to be a bit obscure, so that you don't obviously and immediately know how close you are to the leader.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby lwdragon » Sun May 05, 2019 12:34 am

When questgiver walling/blocking/griefing gonna be fixed?
lwdragon

Postby loftar » Sun May 05, 2019 12:35 am

mietzi94 wrote:I think if you removed the stupid "increased .... quality by 1" and actually give decent rewards only (maybe choosable?) it could actually work fine. High charisma gets higher rewards obviously. Then it could actually work.

Just to reiterate the OP, we have taken some measures to even out the reward types a bit. If you've gotten a certain reward type recently, the chance of getting it again decreases somewhat significantly.
loftar

Postby Ejnekor » Sun May 05, 2019 12:35 am

loftar wrote:Not sure. I'm not entirely closed to the idea, but I wanted it to be a bit obscure, so that you don't obviously and immediately know how close you are to the leader.

Fair enough.
Ejnekor

Postby loftar » Sun May 05, 2019 12:36 am

lwdragon wrote:When questgiver walling/blocking/griefing gonna be fixed?

Not sure, honestly. I've already said it elsewhere, but I really, very much appreciate that you don't know whether a certain tree is spirited or not unless you have quests to it, and I'm not sure how to prevent such griefing in a way that doesn't conflict with that.
loftar

Postby camobeast » Sun May 05, 2019 12:39 am

You forgot to change the % colour visual, at 25% the number is displaying as red when it should be more of a greener color if it is really opposite now. Image
camobeast

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements