Game Development: Cigar Box

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cigar Box

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 am

Ejnekor wrote:Is there a cap for how much more quests someone behind can complete daily? How different that number? 3 per day seems like a really low amount for active players overall.

It is not. It was determined based on actual use. The vast majority of players complete significantly fewer than this.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Kaios » Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 am

loftar wrote:We're not nerfing "1 person more than others", rather the further you are from the leader, the more quests you can do per unit of time, in a continuous fashion. The rationale being that it's kind of an experiment in countering the "can't catch up" thing.

But will that make a difference if the reason for players not questing is because it's boring? I'm already forced in to doing them for credos why would I go out of my way to do more of something that I hate, I thought that was part of the issue.
Kaios

Postby loftar » Sun May 05, 2019 12:30 am

Ejnekor wrote:Is there a cap for how much more quests someone behind can complete daily? How different that number?

It increases contiguously up to a maximum of 12 based on the ratio between you and the leader.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:30 am

Kaios wrote:
loftar wrote:We're not nerfing "1 person more than others", rather the further you are from the leader, the more quests you can do per unit of time, in a continuous fashion. The rationale being that it's kind of an experiment in countering the "can't catch up" thing.

But will that make a difference if the reason for players not questing is because it's boring? I'm already forced in to doing them for credos why would I go out of my way to do more of something that I hate, I thought that was part of the issue.

If you're already not questing, this certainly doesn't affect you, sprucecap.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby LaserSaysPew » Sun May 05, 2019 12:30 am

Let's say I have a 3 quest per day limit. If I don't quest for a week will I have 21 quests limit accumulated?
LaserSaysPew

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:30 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:Let's say I have a 3 quest per day limit. If I don't quest for a week will I have 21 quests limit accumulated?

Yes.

jorb

Postby svino » Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 am

jorb wrote:
Ejnekor wrote:Is there a cap for how much more quests someone behind can complete daily? How different that number? 3 per day seems like a really low amount for active players overall.

It is not. It was determined based on actual use. The vast majority of players complete significantly fewer than this.

the vast majority of players aren't fighters working only on their character (with people behind them giving them the rest they need) for the purpose of beating up spruce caps though.
svino

Postby Headchef » Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 am

yeah ok so only complete the ones you know are going to give high reward... okay jorb
Headchef

Postby jorb » Sun May 05, 2019 12:32 am

Headchef wrote:yeah ok so only complete the ones you know are going to give high reward... okay jorb

Not sure how much I mind you trying to calculate and optimize that... okay, sprucecap.

jorb

Postby loftar » Sun May 05, 2019 12:32 am

Headchef wrote:yeah ok so only complete the ones you know are going to give high reward... okay jorb

I'm not sure why this is a bad thing.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements