Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Postby trinh » Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm

trinh

Postby Kirche » Wed May 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Palisades should now longer cascade if smashed by hand, fixing a number of problems we've had recently with wall cascades used to break into bases.

does this apply to palisades that haven't fully soaked yet?
Kirche

Postby Omnipotent » Wed May 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Glad to see cheese sates being improved, and Pear cider sounds nice.

Gathering resources from natural wonders now takes about 2 minutes per unit harvested

This just makes people want to bot them with alts even more though. Who's going to wait 30 minutes at a geyser with their main to harvest 15 brimstone?
Omnipotent

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 08, 2019 7:29 pm

jorb wrote:Additional catch up mechanics in the same vein as the one we added to questing last patch, by which players receive bonuses in relation to how far behind the global server lead they are. Food? Curios? Metal quality? Bad idea?

Maybe... I think we need more time to tell how effective this is before we infect everything else. If you time gate the top players too much, there is a chance they will up and quit. I'm not sure how much of the revenue stream comes from these players, and I hate the encourage development based on income, but if these are the dedicated players here....

And yes, I think two minutes is too much. I think 60s would be more than enough for people to actively contest these. (edit: started thinking and the train of thought derailed)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Wed May 08, 2019 7:29 pm

KitsuneG wrote:Please add what Perry Desatiates like you do in previous patch.

(and please what other drinks desatiates now? it's horrible to check it personally)

Desatiates: Primarily 'Shrooms, secondarily Meat and Creepies & Crawlies
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby TheUltimateC » Wed May 08, 2019 7:29 pm

I could see some floating barrels or crates going together with that flotsam for all/part of the loot of the knarr that went lost. What do you think Jorbtar?
TheUltimateC

Postby loftar » Wed May 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Kirche wrote:does this apply to palisades that haven't fully soaked yet?

Yes.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby SnowWiggles » Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 pm

I know you are trying to help with satiations, but I was thinking what if you people under x average base attribute were not affected by satiations as much.
SnowWiggles

Postby loftar » Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:If you time gate the top players too much, there is a chance they will up and quit.

Mind you that, if implemented, it would not make it worse for the top players; they'd just be playing as they currently do. Rather, it is the lower-tier players that would be sped up.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 08, 2019 7:34 pm

loftar wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:If you time gate the top players too much, there is a chance they will up and quit.

Mind you that, if implemented, it would not make it worse for the top players; they'd just be playing as they currently do. Rather, it is the lower-tier players that would be sped up.

That was the goal of the hunger mechanic bonuses, yes? If the system can't be gamed to accelerate top player growth, then I think it should be acceptable to most everyone.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements