Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Postby jorb » Sat May 11, 2019 11:02 am

Kaios wrote:Even worse, the continent that I am on has a mountain with no icicle spires which is probably true for others, some don’t have mountains at all. Devs don’t play their own game so what would you expect though, this doesn’t surprise me at all.

> Geographic distribution is random
> I picked a shit continent
> Devs don't play their own game

Cringe.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 11:05 am

What do you mean I picked a shit continent lol, was I supposed to just respawn new characters until I got the most ideal place. Yeah you would think that wouldn’t you ya little cheater.
Kaios

Postby jorb » Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 am

Or, you know, just scout for a bit.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 11:14 am

Dude what the heck are you talking about, no one was scouting around for spires thinking that’s the most ideal place to build a village unless they specifically knew it was going to be the only useful resource this world had to offer. And do you think most players would be capable of keeping them under their control or do the big factions control most of them? The answers to these questions are pretty obvious for you, or at least they could be if you looked in to it, for everyone else we can only speculate until someone like Troll finally comes to forum and reveals how they are doing so far.

Is there no large disparity between total LP for a minority versus the majority? Do you bother to check?
Kaios

Postby jorb » Sat May 11, 2019 11:19 am

Kaios wrote:Dude what the heck are you talking about, no one was scouting around for spires thinking that’s the most ideal place to build a village

Ah, correction. You were not doing that.

jorb

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 11:24 am

Most people weren’t. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong but I guarantee you that most icicle spires are owned by bigger factions, wouldn’t surprise me at all if most were even owned by the same one.

You especially helped them out with this by giving them the bashing changes.
Kaios

Postby Avu » Sat May 11, 2019 11:30 am

lol of course he doesn't check the stats of people. Balance is for sprucecaps jorb doesn't dirty his hands with such plebean concepts.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby jorb » Sat May 11, 2019 11:31 am

I would only make a mess anyway. Safest not to touch it.

jorb

Postby jorb » Sat May 11, 2019 11:34 am

Kaios wrote:You especially helped them out with this by giving them the bashing changes.

You know me, everything I touch turns to ash.

jorb

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 11:35 am

jorb wrote:
Kaios wrote:You especially helped them out with this by giving them the bashing changes.

You know me, everything I touch turns to ash.

I'm not saying it's an unfair change to be able to bash walls that aren't claimed but I am sure you realized when you implemented it that there would only be one or two factions that actually had someone with the strength capable of doing so. Then they also have the means to setup the village over any resources they want to keep, build a charterstone, etc.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements