Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Postby Yuginelol » Thu May 09, 2019 10:26 pm

azrid wrote:And I will be there when your puny alt tries to gather my resources.
Before I had to be there the exact second to catch one of those alts filled to the brim with resources.

lul, sure you will
Yuginelol

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 09, 2019 10:33 pm

Yuginelol wrote:
azrid wrote:And I will be there when your puny alt tries to gather my resources.
Before I had to be there the exact second to catch one of those alts filled to the brim with resources.

lul, sure you will

If the resource is that full that it takes more than two minutes to harvest, yeah... nobody wanted it in the first place, and it's just an excuse to cleave someone to 40% HHP... or whatever. (Because what resource gathering alt has rage?)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri May 10, 2019 3:53 am

Kaios wrote:I think the 2 minute timer per resource mechanic only works well with Drift Kelp, it should be somewhat difficult to gather it because of how powerful it is in foods and so at least forcing a repair to the Knarr is not entirely terrible but also slows down the process a bit.

For everything else it sucks.

id say its only big on icicles tbh, driftkelp isnt THAT BIG, and they spawn in like 5 or 6 pieces, 10-12 mins per kelp island just sitting in deepwater, VERY FUN GAMEPLAY. i think 30 seconds might be reasonable

ty very cool
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Fierce_Deity » Fri May 10, 2019 4:34 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:I would rather see natural resources only have a timer on harvest if they have only been spawned for say....idk an hour? I have geysers in my cave system we leave topped off, and I dont want to sped 30 minutes to harvest that if I need it. I've also found drift kelp in the ocean completely full. Would I be expected to sit there for an hour?

The timer is good, but it needs its own time constraint. No point in making us stand there for 2 minutes if the resource has been in it for weeks.

Bumping this as solution to timer implementation. Got lost in the pages and I think its a reasonable change.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Oddity » Fri May 10, 2019 7:38 am

More proof that jorbtar play their own game for no more than 8 hours per year.
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby jorb » Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 am

Oddity wrote:More proof that jorbtar play their own game for no more than 8 hours per year.

Edgy.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:52 am

Funny note:
2 previous patches had "small patch, working on bigger" line in the end, but this one is missing that, so...
Did you just stopped working on that "bigger thing", or is this patch a bigger thing itself?)
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby jorb » Fri May 10, 2019 7:53 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:Funny note:
2 previous patches had "small patch, working on bigger" line in the end, but this one is missing that, so...
Did you just stopped working on that "bigger thing", or is this patch a bigger thing itself?)

Missed including it. Still true. Updated OP.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Fri May 10, 2019 8:03 am

jorb wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:Funny note:

Missed including it. Still true. Updated OP.

For a long time I thought that the big thing that you worked for weeks was the floating knarr thing and I was a bit disappointed!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby pppp » Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 am

Yeah, that change finally gave me a reason to park my alt at every resource around, so I can wait <n> minutes on a number of resources at the same time.
pppp

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements