Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby Yuginelol » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:21 am

del
Yuginelol

Postby dafels » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Ants wrote:
jorb wrote:

Consider organizing PVP events in Valhalla so guys with fighting experience can show you how they do things?

there are loads of PvP videos they could analyze if they wanted to know how the combat plays out right now and experienced pvpers are giving them suggestions for combat all the time on how to improve the combat, but they are not keen on fixing their designs
dafels

Postby Ardennesss » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:34 pm

dafels wrote:
Ants wrote:
jorb wrote:

Consider organizing PVP events in Valhalla so guys with fighting experience can show you how they do things?

there are loads of PvP videos they could analyze if they wanted to know how the combat plays out right now and experienced pvpers are giving them suggestions for combat all the time on how to improve the combat, but they are not keen on fixing their designs
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Oddity » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 pm

jorb wrote:

Ok, it's been the "main dev focus" for 2 years and 1 month now. What's the problem?
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby VDZ » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:23 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Made it so that soak starts building up when you complete a building, rather than when you place the construction sign. This is a reversion of a change we made way back in 2015, that we couldn't find an argument for in 2019. Let us know if you have one.

Wasn't this a new implementation rather than a change? As I recall, back in Legacy, buildings had instant max soak on completion; drying time prevented the construction sign from being completed and turned into an object with soak. Hafen removed completion-blocking drying time and instead made objects start with 0 soak and made them build up soak over time. I'd guess the choice of starting at the sign rather than the completed building was probably an entirely arbitrary one, rather than having some important reason.
VDZ

Postby jorb » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:23 am

Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:

Ok, it's been the "main dev focus" for 2 years and 1 month now. What's the problem?

I asked loftar to post some sort of update in the thread linked.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:25 pm

jorb wrote:
Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:

I asked loftar to post some sort of update in the thread linked.

Should've just rewritten the whole client!
Sunk cost fallacy!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby infectedking3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 am

Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:

I'm thinking it would probably have been easier/less time consuming just starting from scratch, especially since I've seen some updates where its been pretty small and reason has been "working on client rewrite"
infectedking3

Previous

Return to Announcements