Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 4:15 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
dafels wrote: Lets see how this plays out first in real combat
if only there was a place this could have been tested before putting lives at risk.

Lets go valhalla?
dafels

Postby Vigilance » Fri May 31, 2019 4:16 pm

wow... yikes..... i'd say some of these fixes are nice at least but a lot of the "nice" ones are things that shouldn't have needed to be fixed in the first place (pepper the biggest offender)

i hope w12 just reverts back to w10's mechanics at this point tbh. can't think of a lot of "good" things that happened this world.

edit: thanks for rabbits at least.
Last edited by Vigilance on Fri May 31, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby SnowWiggles » Fri May 31, 2019 4:16 pm

I am talking to a few people right now and they want an explanation on what you mean by defenses are quartered can you give an example?
SnowWiggles

Postby loftar » Fri May 31, 2019 4:18 pm

SnowWiggles wrote:I am talking to a few people right now and they want an explanation on what you mean by defenses are quartered can you give an example?

The block weight is quartered, more specifically.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Thedrah » Fri May 31, 2019 4:19 pm

jorb wrote:Small Fixes
-----------------------
[list]
[*] Rabbits should now breed more like rabbits. Suggested here and here.

yay~

although the quartered defenses when running seems pretty harsh, especially for noobs/gatherers minding their own business, does it count for animals running away? and could we possibly get a stance to help facilitate escaping. i would expect people to use this in the flow of battle such as waiting for the opponent to attack then backing up to attack while the opponent inches forward. if not, can you add a clause like moving for longer than 3 seconds out of 10 to cause the defenses to be lowered
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Ardennesss » Fri May 31, 2019 4:20 pm

loftar wrote:
SnowWiggles wrote:I am talking to a few people right now and they want an explanation on what you mean by defenses are quartered can you give an example?

The block weight is quartered, more specifically.

I'm assuming this also makes it impossible to run from animals you accidentally aggro too, or is this pvp only?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 4:20 pm

noobs are going to get rekd in any scenario even without this change, i dont get whats your point when you are bringing up this argument lmao
dafels

Postby SnowWiggles » Fri May 31, 2019 4:21 pm

This is really bad update. So I just did pvp with someone who is stronger than me, I can't keep up with openings while standing still, but if I run I will die. So this is actually almost instant death for anyone who gets aggroed by a stronger player. This just makes better players better. YIKES
SnowWiggles

Postby Ardennesss » Fri May 31, 2019 4:23 pm

SnowWiggles wrote:This is really bad update. So I just did pvp with someone who is stronger than me, I can't keep up with openings while standing still, but if I run I will die. So this is actually almost instant death for anyone who gets aggroed by a stronger player. This just makes better players better. YIKES
it's almost like literally anyone who understands the current combat system could've predicted this.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
SnowWiggles wrote:This is really bad update. So I just did pvp with someone who is stronger than me, I can't keep up with openings while standing still, but if I run I will die. So this is actually almost instant death for anyone who gets aggroed by a stronger player. This just makes better players better. YIKES
it's almost like literally anyone who understands the current combat system could've predicted this.

yeah, it is just way too easy to spam the attack moves, its a death sentence when you are getting chased by a titan, i dont think you could have brought up movement hits without changing how the combat system works
dafels

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements