Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby Aceb » Fri May 31, 2019 4:52 pm

Ants wrote:I think Jorb and Loftar should come to valhalla and spar with some guys with pvp experience.
Sacraer wrote:if you ask for a cap of stats, then you also don’t understand anything in combat

How would it affect things negatively?

If You can't find any arguments yourself about negative aspects of that, it only enforce Sacraer statement of:
you also don’t understand anything
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Sacraer » Fri May 31, 2019 4:52 pm

dear developers, if you listen to that nonsense that comes here about the combat system - nothing good will come of it ... 90% of people I have never seen in battle that they write here, although I think I was present on everyone. There are only 3 people here who know what to do in battle and who u can listen ... me, mulor and trollex
the rest is more like guys who cannot kill a boar or they are too passive players with 200 stats and die at every fight due to the fact that they forget pressing the deff button
Sacraer

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:53 pm

loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Legacy combat revolved around movement combat because you could easily clip people

One thing I've considered, but I'm not sure how big of a difference it would really make, is to make it so that clipping on stuff gives a speed penalty, even if it doesn't cancel movement.

Could be interesting tbh. Though I swear trees are way more dense than legacy, which would make avoiding trees a lot more annoying in chases.
DDDsDD999

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 31, 2019 4:58 pm

loftar wrote:
Hrenli wrote:And what happens to the passengers? Are they left swimming in the ocean?

The knarr simply cannot travel when it has passengers.

Might want to fix how the patch notes reads, then. As it reads, it appears that anyone could previously use the "return to dock" command to teleport it, captain or not, and now it is limited to only the current captain.

(And to note, the term should probably be "helmsman" as the guy controlling a ship isn't always the captain.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby algeralith » Fri May 31, 2019 5:03 pm

Sacraer wrote:dear developers, if you listen to that nonsense that comes here about the combat system - nothing good will come of it ... 90% of people I have never seen in battle that they write here, although I think I was present on everyone. There are only 3 people here who know what to do in battle and who u can listen ... me, mulor and trollex
the rest is more like guys who cannot kill a boar or they are too passive players with 200 stats and die at every fight due to the fact that they forget pressing the deff button

Those are the people they should arguably ignore. They are just interested in preserving their own selves. Why listen to your input when your priority is to keep yourself on top.

Ideally, it should be a broad discussion among the entirety of the community. A true compromise is only ever reached when both sides feel like they have lost.
algeralith

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 5:04 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Legacy combat revolved around movement combat because you could easily clip people

One thing I've considered, but I'm not sure how big of a difference it would really make, is to make it so that clipping on stuff gives a speed penalty, even if it doesn't cancel movement.

Could be interesting tbh. Though I swear trees are way more dense than legacy, which would make avoiding trees a lot more annoying in chases.

yeah, would be a interesting mechanic to get the titan off your ass when the titan has to to predict the movement of the one that he is chasing instead of gay shit like having to click a rabbit or being lucky enough to have the wind speed buff
dafels

Postby wonder-ass » Fri May 31, 2019 5:04 pm

loftar wrote:

interesting idea. i kind of wish we couldn't spam attack moves constantly and combat had a bit more strategy in it.
id say this was a good add since they were able to explain to you guys something you didnt fully understand before ++.
Last edited by wonder-ass on Fri May 31, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sacraer » Fri May 31, 2019 5:05 pm

algeralith wrote:
Sacraer wrote:dear developers, if you listen to that nonsense that comes here about the combat system - nothing good will come of it ... 90% of people I have never seen in battle that they write here, although I think I was present on everyone. There are only 3 people here who know what to do in battle and who u can listen ... me, mulor and trollex

Those are the people they should arguably ignore. They are just interested in preserving their own selves. Why listen to your input when your priority is to keep yourself on top.

Ideally, it should be a broad discussion among the entirety of the community. A true compromise is only ever reached when both sides feel like they have lost.

I can not die in this combat system, and so on the verge, I want to feel not in safety every fucking fight
Sacraer

Postby bmjclark » Fri May 31, 2019 5:06 pm

Movement combat on a shit system doesnt make the shit system less shit
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby wonder-ass » Fri May 31, 2019 5:08 pm

idk i think a pvp cap and dungeon stat cap would be nice for balance reasons. you cant have balance with infinite stat growth.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements