Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby Ants » Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Aceb wrote:
Ants wrote:I think Jorb and Loftar should come to valhalla and spar with some guys with pvp experience.
Sacraer wrote:if you ask for a cap of stats, then you also don’t understand anything in combat

How would it affect things negatively?

If You can't find any arguments yourself about negative aspects of that, it only enforce Sacraer statement of:
you also don’t understand anything

Well, he's right. I don't. I often suggest things I'm not sure about, expecting to get shot down if the idea turns out to be retarded.

I've suggested a battle stat cap before but I don't recall anyone complaining, so I'm curious to know how you think it would affect things.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Ants wrote:
Aceb wrote:
Ants wrote:I think Jorb and Loftar should come to valhalla and spar with some guys with pvp experience.

How would it affect things negatively?

If You can't find any arguments yourself about negative aspects of that, it only enforce Sacraer statement of:
you also don’t understand anything

Well, he's right. I don't. I often suggest things I'm not sure about, expecting to get shot down if the idea turns out to be retarded.

I've suggested a battle stat cap before but I don't recall anyone complaining, so I'm curious to know how you think it would affect things.

Stat cap has already been tested out in world 9 and it didn't work out at all, there was no more PVP that people were thinking they will have and the noobs were still being shit on, it fixed literally nothing and just made people quit once they reach the cap
dafels

Postby Jesterz » Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Nothing on charter stones being blocked by oceans even when both charters are on the same continent?
Jesterz

Postby jorb » Fri May 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Jesterz wrote:Nothing on charter stones being blocked by oceans even when both charters are on the same continent?

We looked at it, but the fix is a bit involved. It's on a list.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Uriel » Fri May 31, 2019 5:14 pm

Great patch guys :) thx

I dont see any info in patch note about that movement-block thingy. I asume it was deleted.

Atm our community is shrinking. To stop that process You really should listen to people mates.

Please continue polishing content before adidng new stuff, that would really help the game.
And pleeeeease do something about walls upgrades.
Uriel

Postby Omnipotent » Fri May 31, 2019 5:14 pm

jorb wrote:
Jesterz wrote:Nothing on charter stones being blocked by oceans even when both charters are on the same continent?

We looked at it, but the fix is a bit involved. It's on a list.

Glad to hear it, thanks! :)
Omnipotent

Postby wonder-ass » Fri May 31, 2019 5:15 pm

dafels wrote:Stat cap has already been tested out in world 9 and it didn't work out at all, there was no more PVP that people were thinking they will have and the noobs were still being shit on, it fixed literally nothing and just made people quit once they reach the cap

ye that was 1 world with literally 0 incentives to pvp.

-realm
-meteor
-new type of dungeons
- new events like meteor

^^ all of these could bring loads of people outside but what is the point if sacraer boi with 1k+ hp can run you down and 20/30 cleave you till youre a corpse.
you dont have to add a full stat cap im fine with just a cap to pvp/pve related stats. feel free to raise them as high as you want but the moment you enter pvp it gets capped to x number.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sacraer » Fri May 31, 2019 5:15 pm

wonder-ass wrote:idk i think a pvp cap and dungeon stat cap would be nice for balance reasons. you cant have balance with infinite stat growth.

for you who plays 30 minutes a day and only comes to fight
what's the point then evolve
Sacraer

Postby Ants » Fri May 31, 2019 5:17 pm

dafels wrote:
Stat cap has already been tested out in world 9 and it didn't work out at all, there was no more PVP that people were thinking they will have and the noobs were still being shit on, it fixed literally nothing and just made people quit once they reach the cap

Was everything capped or just combat? If crafting has no cap, people might fight over loot.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 5:18 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
dafels wrote:Stat cap has already been tested out in world 9 and it didn't work out at all, there was no more PVP that people were thinking they will have and the noobs were still being shit on, it fixed literally nothing and just made people quit once they reach the cap

ye that was 1 world with literally 0 incentives to pvp.

-realm
-meteor
-new type of dungeons
- new events like meteor

^^ all of these could bring loads of people outside but what is the point if sacraer boi with 1k+ hp can run you down and 20/30 cleave you till youre a corpse.
you dont have to add a full stat cap im fine with just a cap to pvp/pve related stats. feel free to raise them as high as you want but the moment you enter pvp it gets capped to x number.

well, have to consider that the stat cap was really low back then though and there were no events like these. You have your point bro
dafels

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements