Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby azrid » Fri May 31, 2019 5:20 pm

world 9 had incredibly small stat cap with a broken food mechanic and no reason to fight
azrid

Postby stickman » Fri May 31, 2019 5:23 pm

*Fixed a bug by which wild animals would sometimes hang around forever tethered, even if untamed.

This makes me sad. i had a boar stick around all last world and i managed to get another bugged boar this time as well. i kinda like them hanging around. they dont cause any issues and are like a pet.

One thing i really dont like about the Opening / damage / armour system is how how a few % extra opening can really change things... 30/20 opening... barely do anything... 40/20 opening... Down your opponent. Its a really poor system and causes all sorts or issues because you cannot balance anything because of it.... it really needs to be reworked IMO. there is a reason why no other game that I am aware of calculates damage through armour this way.

If you dont want to touch that maybe you should think about making/changing combat moves to make different and stats viable in combat? This would reduce effectiveness of making a single skill titan... I mean you could even make a scyth a weapon that uses farming skill and dexterity... or defensive maneuvers that use intelligence... just change it up so its not all STR/CON and unarmed/melee
stickman

Postby wonder-ass » Fri May 31, 2019 5:25 pm

Sacraer wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:idk i think a pvp cap and dungeon stat cap would be nice for balance reasons. you cant have balance with infinite stat growth.

for you who plays 30 minutes a day and only comes to fight
what's the point then evolve

i mean id play way more if pvp wasnt a stat check just saying. instead of grinding day and night in a village youd go outside and fight over shit.
look at valhalla look at how fair most of the fights are usually there its so much more enjoyable when you have equal stats rather than someone having an extra 1k hp.it goes from stats to who has better teamplay.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Colin500 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Bring back legacy combat with attack/defence bar, so that combat is less brainless ty.
Colin500

Postby discospaceman » Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
Sacraer wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:idk i think a pvp cap and dungeon stat cap would be nice for balance reasons. you cant have balance with infinite stat growth.

for you who plays 30 minutes a day and only comes to fight
what's the point then evolve

i mean id play way more if pvp wasnt a stat check just saying. instead of grinding day and night in a village youd go outside and fight over shit.
look at valhalla look at how fair most of the fights are usually there its so much more enjoyable when you have equal stats rather than someone having an extra 1k hp.it goes from stats to who has better teamplay.

^this, I'm not a PVP person in Haven but this has been sung more than enough. A higher-than-W9 stat cap that is still relatively difficult to reach but not impossible would be great.
discospaceman

Postby Stoneface » Fri May 31, 2019 7:39 pm

We need real-time VR only combat, where you actually have to swing sword at moving paperdoll. Sheesh. :ugeek:
All joking aside, it's good we're at least seeing changes and re-workings to said changes, because some development movement in any direction is better than 0 development.

I personally am happy as long as the system is engaging, but with a modicum of fairness. I think they are going in the right direction by adding a skill factor, rather than just delta, but finding an implementation that everyone doesn't hate will likely be an exercise in futility. I feel for you bros, good luck :X
Stoneface

Postby czaper2 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:40 pm

Please modify the original post so it has the idea you deleted still there but struck through: like this

It's really baffling to see pages of people talking about something that was apparently removed instantly.
czaper2

Postby bmjclark » Fri May 31, 2019 7:57 pm

Colin500 wrote:Bring back legacy combat with attack/defence bar, so that combat is less brainless ty.

+1
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Artemiswhb » Fri May 31, 2019 7:58 pm

bmjclark wrote:
Colin500 wrote:Bring back legacy combat with attack/defence bar, so that combat is less brainless ty.

+1

+1
Artemiswhb

Postby MooCow » Fri May 31, 2019 8:30 pm

loftar wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:You couldn't spam attacks in legacy, if you chopped you had to refill your attack bar.

Is that really true? If you exhausted your opponent's defense meter, wasn't it at that point possible to spam attacks against him?

I recall VERY specifically that in the OG combat system, if you were moving, your defence was literally nothing. The only exception was the movement caused by attacking.

Additionally, if your defence was zero, attacks spammed against you did full damage at any attack bar.
MooCow

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements