Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:42 pm

MooCow wrote:
loftar wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:You couldn't spam attacks in legacy, if you chopped you had to refill your attack bar.

Is that really true? If you exhausted your opponent's defense meter, wasn't it at that point possible to spam attacks against him?

I recall VERY specifically that in the OG combat system, if you were moving, your defence was literally nothing. The only exception was the movement caused by attacking.

Additionally, if your defence was zero, attacks spammed against you did full damage at any attack bar.

It was changed at like start of W7.
DDDsDD999

Postby DatSheep » Fri May 31, 2019 8:44 pm

dafels wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:
jorb wrote:Ok, fuck it.
It's so cute when you make a half brained change without consulting the player base and change mechanics that you don't understand how they work or how they're used, and then get mad when it isn't well received. This is like the 6th time you've done it, most people would learn a lesson by now. We're more than happy to have a civil conversation about a change this like given proper notice so we can explain the risks and why it's a bad idea, but or course we're going to be upset when you just randomly push this to production on a Friday with no notice.

i mean it didn't hurt anyone and they did the revert pretty fast after understanding it was a bad idea

have to agree with davis here, changes can be made and taken back. not a huge deal unless they plan to permanently keep a really dumb change, or if they somehow are unable to undo it.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby DatSheep » Fri May 31, 2019 8:46 pm

>The warning message for siege engines now informs you as to all types of siege engines which have been activated near your claim.

this is nice, very useful. sucks that it takes 4 whole hours to bash with hand tho. judging by the way it started out as one hour, i have a feeling next patch it'll be 5 hours, just saying... :geek:

>Made it so that only the captain of a Knarr can travel home with it.

okay thats fair, just becomes a headache when borrowing knarrs and such. Hopefully roads still work with knarrs

The new hat is p cool, may just buy it. gg bois, also really hyped about the beating chest emote. Will be fun when tryna flex ingame
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby MooCow » Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:It was changed at like start of W7.

So why is the same person who is suggesting we go back to the legacy system, with attack and defence bars, also complaining about a adding a system that is a lot less brutal then what existed in legacy?

My very first thought was "huh, looks like the combat system might be slowly heading back to the old system"

I genuinely feel like I am missing some key information.

Also, thank you for the patch, a lot of good changes here!
MooCow

Postby Ardennesss » Fri May 31, 2019 9:35 pm

MooCow wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:It was changed at like start of W7.

So why is the same person who is suggesting we go back to the legacy system, with attack and defence bars, also complaining about a adding a system that is a lot less brutal then what existed in legacy?

My very first thought was "huh, looks like the combat system might be slowly heading back to the old system"

I genuinely feel like I am missing some key information.

Also, thank you for the patch, a lot of good changes here!
legacy movement combat was meaningful because a noob could kill a titan who fucked up and got movement hit. Movement hits under this system wouldn't work like that, because you do 0 damage until you've acquired openings.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Kaios » Fri May 31, 2019 9:36 pm

jorb wrote:Ok, fuck it.

There is just no way combat is going to be any fun with 1k+ stat players while rest of player base sits at an average of 300-500 and if players don't want a stat cap then you'll just have to stretch progression out tenfold which wouldn't be terrible either in my opinion considering how fast this world has progressed (and become boring) already.

algeralith wrote:
Sacraer wrote:dear developers, if you listen to that nonsense that comes here about the combat system - nothing good will come of it ... 90% of people I have never seen in battle that they write here, although I think I was present on everyone. There are only 3 people here who know what to do in battle and who u can listen ... me, mulor and trollex
the rest is more like guys who cannot kill a boar or they are too passive players with 200 stats and die at every fight due to the fact that they forget pressing the deff button

Those are the people they should arguably ignore. They are just interested in preserving their own selves. Why listen to your input when your priority is to keep yourself on top.

Ideally, it should be a broad discussion among the entirety of the community. A true compromise is only ever reached when both sides feel like they have lost.

boom roasted
Kaios

Postby wonder-ass » Fri May 31, 2019 10:05 pm

because you noobs have no idea what is actual good for pvp you just throw random ideas out there and confuse jorb and loftar with what is actually correct.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Ants » Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 pm

jorb wrote:

Consider organizing PVP events in Valhalla so guys with fighting experience can show you how they do things?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby iamahh » Fri May 31, 2019 11:07 pm

jorb wrote: Rabbits should now breed more like rabbits

wonder if I add pepper to their food they'd go faster
iamahh

Postby Headchef » Fri May 31, 2019 11:26 pm

DatSheep wrote:>The warning message for siege engines now informs you as to all types of siege engines which have been activated near your claim.

this is nice, very useful. sucks that it takes 4 whole hours to bash with hand tho. judging by the way it started out as one hour, i have a feeling next patch it'll be 5 hours, just saying... :geek:

>Made it so that only the captain of a Knarr can travel home with it.

okay thats fair, just becomes a headache when borrowing knarrs and such. Hopefully roads still work with knarrs

The new hat is p cool, may just buy it. gg bois, also really hyped about the beating chest emote. Will be fun when tryna flex ingame

Seems like you got both of those points wrong.
Noone bashes those things by hand, it's irrelevant to add another hour or whatever because you just put an archery tower and it takes care of it.

Also the captain of the knarr is the guy that mans the helm. Not the original owner or whatever you seem to confuse as captain.
Headchef

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements