Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby loftar » Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Ardennesss wrote:You couldn't spam attacks in legacy, if you chopped you had to refill your attack bar.

Is that really true? If you exhausted your opponent's defense meter, wasn't it at that point possible to spam attacks against him?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby fallout » Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm

"Intentionally reintroduced movement combat. Your defences are quartered while moving."
unsub :|
fallout

Postby algeralith » Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm

dafels wrote:noobs are going to get rekd in any scenario even without this change, i dont get whats your point when you are bringing up this argument lmao

Maybe that is what Jorb and Loftar should spend there efforts on. Finding ways to lower the ceiling for people to get into PVP.
Making Death a learning Experience and not a Penalty.

Reducing the Delta between High and Low Statted Players.

You know, encouraging people to PVP.

How do you expect new Factions to form and compete when they are going to remain Severely out Statted. And anytime they attempt to, they just get demolished and have to start over.

Also, Strider is now the most important Credo in the game. Fight me.
Last edited by algeralith on Fri May 31, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
algeralith

Postby jorb » Fri May 31, 2019 4:26 pm

Ok, fuck it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby SnowWiggles » Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
SnowWiggles wrote:This is really bad update. So I just did pvp with someone who is stronger than me, I can't keep up with openings while standing still, but if I run I will die. So this is actually almost instant death for anyone who gets aggroed by a stronger player. This just makes better players better. YIKES
it's almost like literally anyone who understands the current combat system could've predicted this.

Doesn't change the fact that any player is gonna get completely fudged by someone better, so this just takes away their chance from running from the situation.

You can't run on a horse because rawhide, you cant run away because you will get your openings so big you will get down, and if they are better than you you cant win outright. So you basically made it 100% chance that you can't do anything at all.
SnowWiggles

Postby Vigilance » Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 pm

that's sort of the vibe i got testing it too. this is insignificant to actually implement skill meaningfully, but if it was any MORE significant it'd make shit instantly so one-sided.

i used a bunch of 1 uac alts and left hooked a standing one for 15 opening, and one that was moving for 21. i think this is just going to make pve more annoying and accelerate the slippery slope of pvp. running in combat is already pretty much a you-dont-win scenario unless you get more speed buffs or 'sploit dumb go-fast mechanics, now pursuing someone is gonna make you even stronger and you're just gonna be able to down people even easier.

no idea why this change was made, nobody asked for it. i can't wait to get chased by a titan who is even titan-ier than delta caps already made him.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby LaserSaysPew » Fri May 31, 2019 4:28 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a bug by which you could use ever glowing embers to fuel things indefinitely.

Where's my cape?
LaserSaysPew

Postby SnowWiggles » Fri May 31, 2019 4:29 pm

algeralith wrote:
dafels wrote:noobs are going to get rekd in any scenario even without this change, i dont get whats your point when you are bringing up this argument lmao

Maybe that is what Jorb and Loftar should spend there efforts on. Finding ways to lower the ceiling for people to get into PVP.
Making Death a learning Experience and not a Penalty.

Reducing the Delta between High and Low Statted Players.

You know, encouraging people to PVP.

How do you expect new Factions to form and compete when they are going to remain Severely out Statted. And anything they attempt to, they just get demolished and have to start over.

Also, Strider is now the most important Credo in the game. Fight me.

thank you.. Seriously... This makes sense .
SnowWiggles

Postby Artemiswhb » Fri May 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Jorb and or Loftar, I know legacy combat had its problems, but what is it that's stopping you to make a system akin to the combat in legacy? Not saying it's the best system, but people weren't complaining as much about that one compared to this
Artemiswhb

Postby Ardennesss » Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm

jorb wrote:Ok, fuck it.
It's so cute when you make a half brained change without consulting the player base and change mechanics that you don't understand how they work or how they're used, and then get mad when it isn't well received. This is like the 6th time you've done it, most people would learn a lesson by now. We're more than happy to have a civil conversation about a change this like given proper notice so we can explain the risks and why it's a bad idea, but or course we're going to be upset when you just randomly push this to production on a Friday with no notice.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements