Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby SnowWiggles » Fri May 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Could we make it so that the lower your ua/mc the higher you can close your defenses to a point?
SnowWiggles

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
jorb wrote:Ok, fuck it.
It's so cute when you make a half brained change without consulting the player base and change mechanics that you don't understand how they work or how they're used, and then get mad when it isn't well received. This is like the 6th time you've done it, most people would learn a lesson by now. We're more than happy to have a civil conversation about a change this like given proper notice so we can explain the risks and why it's a bad idea, but or course we're going to be upset when you just randomly push this to production on a Friday with no notice.

i mean it didn't hurt anyone and they did the revert pretty fast after understanding it was a bad idea
dafels

Postby loftar » Fri May 31, 2019 4:35 pm

SnowWiggles wrote:Could we make it so that the lower your ua/mc the higher you can close your defenses to a point?

What does that mean?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Vigilance » Fri May 31, 2019 4:35 pm

loftar wrote:
SnowWiggles wrote:Could we make it so that the lower your ua/mc the higher you can close your defenses to a point?

What does that mean?

didnt mean anything to me either dont worry buddy :D
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby algeralith » Fri May 31, 2019 4:36 pm

To be perfectly fair, when it comes to things like Combat, it should be discussed in advance.
Changes like that effectively determine life and death in this game.

And death is just harsh.
algeralith

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri May 31, 2019 4:38 pm

the reason it worked in legacy was that you could block ppls movement on trees and stuff way easier and you didnt slow down when drinking
also ya oofc no attack bar in this system xd
Last edited by ChildhoodObesity on Fri May 31, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Omnipotent » Fri May 31, 2019 4:38 pm

Where is the fix for charter stones? Wtf?

SO many bad changes in this update, but I am glad to at least finally see some development again. The game has been dying extra fast without updates. And this is already the fastest dying world I've ever seen.
Omnipotent

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:38 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:Jorb and or Loftar, I know legacy combat had its problems, but what is it that's stopping you to make a system akin to the combat in legacy? Not saying it's the best system, but people weren't complaining as much about that one compared to this

Legacy combat revolved around movement combat because you could easily clip people, especially with stuff like body summons, signs, terrain, etc. Unless you remove pathfinding, legacy combat just wouldn't work.
DDDsDD999

Postby Dakkan » Fri May 31, 2019 4:39 pm

algeralith wrote:Maybe that is what Jorb and Loftar should spend there efforts on. Finding ways to lower the ceiling for people to get into PVP.
Making Death a learning Experience and not a Penalty. [...] You know, encouraging people to PVP.

I've been playing Grindion Grindline, and I really enjoy the noob combat experience there (No major penalty to noob's being KO'd).

I'm guessing chest drumming emote is behind rage and not cave hermit, but still cool that you added it.
Dakkan

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 4:40 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Artemiswhb wrote:Jorb and or Loftar, I know legacy combat had its problems, but what is it that's stopping you to make a system akin to the combat in legacy? Not saying it's the best system, but people weren't complaining as much about that one compared to this

Legacy combat revolved around movement combat because you could easily clip people, especially with stuff like body summons, signs, terrain, etc. Unless you remove pathfinding, legacy combat just wouldn't work.

this and there was not a combat system where you could spam a attack move every second xd
dafels

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements