Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beating Chest Totem

Postby SnowWiggles » Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm

loftar wrote:
SnowWiggles wrote:Could we make it so that the lower your ua/mc the higher you can close your defenses to a point?

What does that mean?

Take into consideration what is a titan, what is a good player, what is ok, and what is noob in regards to how much MC/UA a person has.

Then come up with a way to allow someone who has much lower mc/ua in a fight to allow them to close their openings (defense) so they at least stand a chance. They obviously are not going to be able to kill a person with stats much higher than them.

Example: noob is out and about. Guy comes up to noob and attacks. Noob has lets say 100 ua/mc, where as other guy (titan) has 400 ua/mc

So with this system the noob cant run, and can't fight. Titan hits noob opens blue with to like 30 then 50 so and so on. Noob can't lower his defenses fast enough and will die...

******Change the system so that if your stats mc/ua is below x (a set point) when you use block/sidestep or w.e move you are using to close your openings, it closes them MORE so like 1.5 or 2.0 x the regular amount .
SnowWiggles

Postby SnowWiggles » Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm

algeralith wrote:To be perfectly fair, when it comes to things like Combat, it should be discussed in advance.
Changes like that effectively determine life and death in this game.

And death is just harsh.

and this was just before meteor
SnowWiggles

Postby Sacraer » Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Catapults & Battering Rams now take about four hours to destroy by hand.

you really do not understand that if people want to break the ram, they will not stand and break it for 4 hours with their hands, but simply build an archer’s tower
Sacraer

Postby Ants » Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm

jorb wrote:Ok, fuck it.

Make a thread in critique and ideas when you're thinking about implementing something related to combat or siege. If you don't PVP yourself, you're almost guaranteed to make mistakes when it comes to that.

thanks for the upgraded bunny breeding rate though :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

algeralith wrote:
dafels wrote:noobs are going to get rekd in any scenario even without this change, i dont get whats your point when you are bringing up this argument lmao

Maybe that is what Jorb and Loftar should spend there efforts on. Finding ways to lower the ceiling for people to get into PVP.
Making Death a learning Experience and not a Penalty.

Reducing the Delta between High and Low Statted Players.

You know, encouraging people to PVP.

How do you expect new Factions to form and compete when they are going to remain Severely out Statted. And anytime they attempt to, they just get demolished and have to start over.

Also, Strider is now the most important Credo in the game. Fight me.

CAP COMBAT STATS

Omnipotent wrote:Where is the fix for charter stones? Wtf?

SO many bad changes in this update, but I am glad to at least finally see some development again. The game has been dying extra fast without updates. And this is already the fastest dying world I've ever seen.

They have no plans to reintroduce fast travel.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby dafels » Fri May 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Ants wrote:

Make a thread in critique and ideas when you're thinking about implementing something related to combat or siege. If you don't PVP yourself, you're almost guaranteed to make mistakes when it comes to that.

thanks for the upgraded bunny breeding rate though :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

algeralith wrote:
dafels wrote:noobs are going to get rekd in any scenario even without this change, i dont get whats your point when you are bringing up this argument lmao

Maybe that is what Jorb and Loftar should spend there efforts on. Finding ways to lower the ceiling for people to get into PVP.

How do you expect new Factions to form and compete when they are going to remain Severely out Statted. And anytime they attempt to, they just get demolished and have to start over.

CAP COMBAT STATS

are you going to pvp when the stats are going to get capped which i doubt or the change will just make pvp people quit the game when they reach the cap
dafels

Postby Omnipotent » Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Ants wrote:

SO many bad changes in this update, but I am glad to at least finally see some development again. The game has been dying extra fast without updates. And this is already the fastest dying world I've ever seen.

We directly asked Jorb about it and he said it would work no problem. Then we build it and it doesn't work because theres some deep ocean in between.

No sorry or compensation, just wasted 4 rock crystals thanks to Jorb.
Omnipotent

Postby Sacraer » Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Ants wrote:

algeralith wrote:

CAP COMBAT STATS

if you ask for a cap of stats, then you also don’t understand anything in combat
Sacraer

Postby loftar » Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Legacy combat revolved around movement combat because you could easily clip people

One thing I've considered, but I'm not sure how big of a difference it would really make, is to make it so that clipping on stuff gives a speed penalty, even if it doesn't cancel movement.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ants » Fri May 31, 2019 4:48 pm

I think Jorb and Loftar should come to valhalla and spar with some guys with pvp experience.
Sacraer wrote:if you ask for a cap of stats, then you also don’t understand anything in combat

How would it affect things negatively?
Last edited by Ants on Fri May 31, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Omnipotent » Fri May 31, 2019 4:49 pm

Sacraer wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Catapults & Battering Rams now take about four hours to destroy by hand.

you really do not understand that if people want to break the ram, they will not stand and break it for 4 hours with their hands, but simply build an archer’s tower

I believe that is the point with this change. They are attempting to ween people off of the old system and force them into the new. Archer Towers for everybody!
Omnipotent

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements