Game Development: Rat Fries

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rat Fries

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Are the rats aggressive?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 pm

jordancoles wrote:Are the rats aggressive?

they dont seem to be, but they will join a nearby fight if you are agrod on another rat
Zentetsuken

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 pm

jordancoles wrote:Are the rats aggressive?

They agro'd me without provocation, lol, so yes ... but simple to kill. :)

@ Jorb ... can we put the whiskers on the wall please.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:26 pm

well, guess I just had good luck then
Zentetsuken

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:39 pm

might sound dumb, but perhaps allowing them to be worn in the face slot??? im sure people like these sort of things, even if they dont have a use
AntiBlitz

Postby Kaios » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:43 pm

you wanna wear a rat on your face?
Kaios

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:48 pm

the whiskers, specifically, but you already knew that.
AntiBlitz

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:11 am

Kaios

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:49 am

jorb wrote:
Sacraer wrote:so I think that this value should be more in terms of combat

Given the many pleasant reactions we get whenever we do something not immediately and entirely to the tastes of the vox populi, it seemed wise to err on the side of caution.

Hey, if you guys are balancing movement... Could you take a look at coracles and drinking with relation to ping? :mrgreen:
Whenever I'm chasing somebody with significantly lower ping than me, even when we're using the same coracle script, I lose 4-6 tiles on them just because of how long it takes me to put it in the water, and pick it back up when getting out.

Suggestion: a short cast time for placing a coracle, and for it to happen automatically upon entering water. This would also have the side benefit of not needing to use a coracle script is PVP, which is functionally a requirement with the current mechanics.

Likewise, when sprinting it's often hard(read as: basically impossible) to take sips of water while still changing directions as often as I want, because it takes me like .5 seconds, or 1 second depending on if I use keybinded flasks or the drinker script everybody uses. This means if I want to change direction like .7 seconds after I press the drink key, I will have started the animation but canceled it by moving, whereas a lower ping person would've taken a sip then changed direction.

Suggestion 1: make movement not cancel drinking. Got Brought up before, and shot down. I REALLY think it was an overreaction, and if there were a keybind to stop drinking without stopping movement it would've been fine.

Suggestion 2: stamina gained from drinking happens at the beginning of each "gulp" cast instead of the end, but if cancelled you remain slowed until it otherwise would've ended.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:27 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
jorb wrote:
Sacraer wrote:so I think that this value should be more in terms of combat

Given the many pleasant reactions we get whenever we do something not immediately and entirely to the tastes of the vox populi, it seemed wise to err on the side of caution.

Hey, if you guys are balancing movement... Could you take a look at coracles and drinking with relation to ping? :mrgreen:
Whenever I'm chasing somebody with significantly lower ping than me, even when we're using the same coracle script, I lose 4-6 tiles on them just because of how long it takes me to put it in the water, and pick it back up when getting out.

Suggestion: a short cast time for placing a coracle, and for it to happen automatically upon entering water. This would also have the side benefit of not needing to use a coracle script is PVP, which is functionally a requirement with the current mechanics.

Likewise, when sprinting it's often hard(read as: basically impossible) to take sips of water while still changing directions as often as I want, because it takes me like .5 seconds, or 1 second depending on if I use keybinded flasks or the drinker script everybody uses. This means if I want to change direction like .7 seconds after I press the drink key, I will have started the animation but canceled it by moving, whereas a lower ping person would've taken a sip then changed direction.

Suggestion 1: make movement not cancel drinking. Got Brought up before, and shot down. I REALLY think it was an overreaction, and if there were a keybind to stop drinking without stopping movement it would've been fine.

Suggestion 2: stamina gained from drinking happens at the beginning of each "gulp" cast instead of the end, but if cancelled you remain slowed until it otherwise would've ended.
You're going to need to send them a gif of a coracle script for them to truly appreciate the advantage you're talking about.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements