Game Development: Rat Fries

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rat Fries

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:08 am

Please add a white rat variant, thanks :)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Cayur » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:48 am

Cayur

Postby Hasta » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:45 pm

That speed clipping adjustment now causes carts being pulled in a cluttered areas to sometimes just "fall behind" and disengage upon distance threshold without the "cart was blocked" error message. Not gamebreaking and probably not an exploitable bug, but who nows these twisted minds, maybe there's something about "cart ownership" not working properly now or whatever.
Hasta

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:12 pm

Hasta wrote:That speed clipping adjustment now causes carts being pulled in a cluttered areas to sometimes just "fall behind" and disengage upon distance threshold without the "cart was blocked" error message. Not gamebreaking and probably not an exploitable bug, but who nows these twisted minds, maybe there's something about "cart ownership" not working properly now or whatever.

Will look at that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 pm

I think it would be nice if the character would have a tighter grip on the cart, more like to be pulled back by a blocking one instead of simply continuing while leaving it behind...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:42 am

Ardennesss wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:
Hey, if you guys are balancing movement... Could you take a look at coracles and drinking with relation to ping? :mrgreen:
Whenever I'm chasing somebody with significantly lower ping than me, even when we're using the same coracle script, I lose 4-6 tiles on them just because of how long it takes me to put it in the water, and pick it back up when getting out.

Suggestion: a short cast time for placing a coracle, and for it to happen automatically upon entering water. This would also have the side benefit of not needing to use a coracle script is PVP, which is functionally a requirement with the current mechanics.

Likewise, when sprinting it's often hard(read as: basically impossible) to take sips of water while still changing directions as often as I want, because it takes me like .5 seconds, or 1 second depending on if I use keybinded flasks or the drinker script everybody uses. This means if I want to change direction like .7 seconds after I press the drink key, I will have started the animation but canceled it by moving, whereas a lower ping person would've taken a sip then changed direction.

Suggestion 1: make movement not cancel drinking. Got Brought up before, and shot down. I REALLY think it was an overreaction, and if there were a keybind to stop drinking without stopping movement it would've been fine.

Suggestion 2: stamina gained from drinking happens at the beginning of each "gulp" cast instead of the end, but if cancelled you remain slowed until it otherwise would've ended.
You're going to need to send them a gif of a coracle script for them to truly appreciate the advantage you're talking about.

50 MS: https://gfycat.com/grimforkedfly
300 MS: https://gfycat.com/widecoarsejapanesebeetle
500 MS: https://i.imgur.com/Dk5N7XG.gifv

The difference is actually much greater than it looks like here, because you can only see the difference between dropping>getting in, but the delay between trying to drop and it dropping is of equal size. When you're running through terrain like this: Image
with lots of rivers, it's basically impossible to keep up with somebody who has much better ping than you. Plus, even if you didn't lose like 2-4 tiles every exit/entry of a river, standing still for a few seconds when you're being chased by a mob is very spooky :D
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 am

Remove coracles tbh. Their mandatory nature in pvp and amount of space they take up is retarded.
DDDsDD999

Postby MooCow » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:37 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Remove coracles tbh. Their mandatory nature in pvp and amount of space they take up is retarded.

The solution to coracles is make them slow the player when equipped, or on their inventory. That way using them in pvp is beneficial in places with lots of water, and detrimental in places with lots of land.

In legacy, I would often travel carrying a boat between the super grids, and that is much much slower than what I am suggesting.
MooCow

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:52 am

MooCow wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Remove coracles tbh. Their mandatory nature in pvp and amount of space they take up is retarded.

The solution to coracles is make them slow the player when equipped, or on their inventory. That way using them in pvp is beneficial in places with lots of water, and detrimental in places with lots of land.

In legacy, I would often travel carrying a boat between the super grids, and that is much much slower than what I am suggesting.

I'd be happy to go back to swimming in chases, but I reeeeeaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyy don't want pearl diver, moccasins, walrus cape, seal pants, cache charm to be mandatory instead. Plus, I've never played at a time when both drinking slowed you, and you had to swim. I bet it would be brutal to have significant lower const than the person chasing you, but maybe it wouldn't be significant beyond a certain point.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:46 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
MooCow wrote:

I'd be happy to go back to swimming in chases, but I reeeeeaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyy don't want pearl diver, moccasins, walrus cape, seal pants, cache charm to be mandatory instead. Plus, I've never played at a time when both drinking slowed you, and you had to swim. I bet it would be brutal to have significant lower const than the person chasing you, but maybe it wouldn't be significant beyond a certain point.

literally this. dont want yet another credo becoming mandatory for pvp+ all the clothing.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements