Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Postby NoBizd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:22 pm

jorb wrote:Certainly depends on what the problem is.

Problem are people who do not have time or do not want to travel all over the world. Ergo they complain for nearly no Fast Travel in game right now (what is a lie*). But you are not looking for solution, just rolling back to old system. What is bad with it?

a) Nearly every continet already established it's own major market (or will do soon). I guess it was the point of continents and oceans - diffrent realms, communities, markets. Now you fucked it all up. All the weeks of building and planning got trashed. Only one market will matter.
b) Before if you wanted to grief and bully people from other realm you had to sail there or use vortex system (which was random and changing destination from time to time). So spend some time for it. Now I can just port to outpost with CS on another continent (and trust me, every big fraction has few of them or at least friendly villages there), shit on random sprucehats, hermits and so on and nearly instantly port back (yeah, red hand for 1 hour won't change shit). You say I can destroy the outpost? Sure. I'm dreaming of 24-36 h irl (or more if base is properly build) siege just to bash the charter. Good they can't rebuild it in 1/4 of this time or do not have another outpost/village... Oh wait. In short - you fucked up casuals more than you helped them. Playerbase will probably again drop if spruce got killed. And you should try to attract new players, not scary them away.

Personally I really liked someone suggestion with buoys over oceans/seas. So a) you have to build them b) you have to maintain them c) you can destroy and camp on them waiting for enemies. And yet you can really easly use them to get from point A to B over ocean, but you have to use time and materials first to build them.

* - I'm not some no life lover of traveling for hours on my own. But I'm also not fan of porting everywhere instantly.
NoBizd

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:24 pm

you guys really overexaggerate the amount of nab killing that goes on in this game lol, by major factions at least
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Jesterz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I feel only people who have smaller markets are the ones complaining. If you can provide the quality and prices people will go to your shop. Especially if you already have customers.

Unfortunately most people who use your market dont have the time or will to travel to the large markets and likely never will. I wouldn't expect your markets to become dead just because of this unless you give up on them.
Jesterz

Postby Kaios » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:32 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:you guys really overexaggerate the amount of nab killing that goes on in this game lol, by major factions at least

It was already pretty difficult to remove cairns tho what u think it's gonna be like when dudes can just port in near a challenge point on another continent. Can't always keep an eye on every place near you to prevent claims and walls and villages from going up.

Plus creating a rage/vandal alt is way too easy as well throw a few bluebells and shit on tables for a bunch of alts and in a few days you've got a criminal army.
Kaios

Postby Babthatrab » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 pm

People seem to forget the ridiculous amount of Will you need to use Carter Stones. Peeps "teleporting" across continents won't be an issue for a veeeery long time.
Babthatrab

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:49 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:VERY COOL!!! will requirements are a bit lame tho. think its like 500 will to travel 120 or so minimaps

ye lower will requirement only titans can travel which tbh isnt fair.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby GamingRAM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Honestly, when I read people talking about this on discord, I thought this was a joke.

"Added a new ceiling hat and let you cross oceans with charterstones" sounds ridiculous.

At least have SOME penalty in using Charterstones across oceans, don't just go from 1 extreme to another, that's dumb! You may as well revert crossroads back to the way they were before while you're at it!
Put SOME tax on instant ocean travel. "Sea Sickness", a debuff that prevents charterstone ocean travel that is cured by eating Vitamin C based foods like strawberries n shit. Anything is better than this! It defeats the purpose of oceans in the first place. Didn't you want more "local markets"? A sole market is going to reign supreme again as a result, and I say that as someone who works at the Community Fair!

I know this isn't your final stance on it, but come on man.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby shubla » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:11 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:you guys really overexaggerate the amount of nab killing that goes on in this game lol, by major factions at least

no
Its the most dangerous to ever leave your walls, and all pvp people will kos everyone they see!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby czaper2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:29 pm

When are you fixing this problem?
czaper2

Postby dafels » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 pm

czaper2 wrote:Image

When are you fixing this problem?