Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Postby SovietUnion » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:31 pm

The Bee that stung is not considered as a bug in the new curio recipe

Critical and game breaking!
Notable characters: Cpt. Danko, Kng. Danko

LS of MorningWood (as of W7)
North Star market owner (W11)
King of North Star Kingdom & Market (W12)
LS of MorningWood (W13), quit early cause reasons
Open village of North Star (W14)

"Not really. But meh.. who needs proper communication anyways"
SovietUnion

Postby NoBizd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 pm

GamingRAM wrote:Honestly, when I read people talking about this on discord, I thought this was a joke.

"Added a new ceiling hat and let you cross oceans with charterstones" sounds ridiculous.

At least have SOME penalty in using Charterstones across oceans, don't just go from 1 extreme to another, that's dumb! You may as well revert crossroads back to the way they were before while you're at it!
Put SOME tax on instant ocean travel. "Sea Sickness", a debuff that prevents charterstone ocean travel that is cured by eating Vitamin C based foods like strawberries n shit. Anything is better than this! It defeats the purpose of oceans in the first place.
Didn't you want more "local markets"? A sole market is going to reign supreme again as a result, and I say that as someone who works at the Community Fair!

I know this isn't your final stance on it, but come on man.

+1
NoBizd

Postby SovietUnion » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:42 pm

I personally am happy about the charterstone change. My market is on the very north part of the world and I have shop owners and customers from all continents.

The problem is, that the stands are often unmaintained for several weeks, since shop keepers just don't bother sailing for an hour just to add goods. They just resupply once or twice a month. Which makes the market look quite abandoned.

So I truly hope that this change is for the better. Also a small decrease in will needed for travelling would also be nice. This world needs more player interaction!
Notable characters: Cpt. Danko, Kng. Danko

LS of MorningWood (as of W7)
North Star market owner (W11)
King of North Star Kingdom & Market (W12)
LS of MorningWood (W13), quit early cause reasons
Open village of North Star (W14)

"Not really. But meh.. who needs proper communication anyways"
SovietUnion

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am

SovietUnion wrote:I personally am happy about the charterstone change. My market is on the very north part of the world and I have shop owners and customers from all continents.

The problem is, that the stands are often unmaintained for several weeks, since shop keepers just don't bother sailing for an hour just to add goods. They just resupply once or twice a month. Which makes the market look quite abandoned.

So I truly hope that this change is for the better. Also a small decrease in will needed for travelling would also be nice. This world needs more player interaction!

literally this i dont want to fucking boat for 2 hours to fill my barter stands with shit.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Ants » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 am

Ardennesss wrote:
jorb wrote:Key Fixes
-----------------------
Allowed fast travel across oceans using charterstones. This is not the final say in the balance between locality and community, but for now we're not heavily enough invested in the present ocean mechancics to motivate preventing it.

Cool, now just reduce the Will requirement given the massive nerfs to gaining FEP stats and we're in business.

This. Getting a will alt ready will be a pain in the butt with the current eating mechanics.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby tewenami » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:13 am

So shit literally hit the fan
tewenami

Postby Ants » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 am

GamingRAM wrote:Honestly, when I read people talking about this on discord, I thought this was a joke.

"Added a new ceiling hat and let you cross oceans with charterstones" sounds ridiculous.

At least have SOME penalty in using Charterstones across oceans, don't just go from 1 extreme to another, that's dumb! You may as well revert crossroads back to the way they were before while you're at it!
Put SOME tax on instant ocean travel. "Sea Sickness", a debuff that prevents charterstone ocean travel that is cured by eating Vitamin C based foods like strawberries n shit. Anything is better than this! It defeats the purpose of oceans in the first place. Didn't you want more "local markets"? A sole market is going to reign supreme again as a result, and I say that as someone who works at the Community Fair!

I know this isn't your final stance on it, but come on man.

It's better than having a bunch of small markets with stands that don't get refilled because traders don't want to travel hours to do so.

I like the idea of sea sickness, but I think it should be a wound or something that raises the will requirement of charterstone travel rather than something that prevents it completely. It might give a purpose to inns where people could eat and rest after a long journey.
Ants

Postby borka » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am

tewenami wrote:So shit literally hit the fan

jorbo wrote:in your face

... best way to keep active player count at high levels ... ¦]
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 am

Dat hat
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ants » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 am

Kaios wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:you guys really overexaggerate the amount of nab killing that goes on in this game lol, by major factions at least

It was already pretty difficult to remove cairns tho what u think it's gonna be like when dudes can just port in near a challenge point on another continent. Can't always keep an eye on every place near you to prevent claims and walls and villages from going up.

Plus creating a rage/vandal alt is way too easy as well throw a few bluebells and shit on tables for a bunch of alts and in a few days you've got a criminal army.

Build a safepali and bring fighters when you challenge a cairn. If you're having trouble with that it might be because your "kingdom" has just two warriors with low stats :lol:
Ants

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements