Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am

Ants wrote:I like the idea of sea sickness, but I think it should be a wound or something that raises the will requirement of charterstone travel rather than something that prevents it completely. It might give a purpose to inns where people could eat and rest after a long journey.

i quite like that idea.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Terry69 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 am

Nice.
Terry69

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:35 am

"Oh look guys, we're once again backing down on our squishy line on fast travel."

Seriously... What was the point of all the excitement with continents and oceans and...

We're back to everyone just teleports everywhere.

Can't say as I'm surprised.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Wikimit2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:06 am

Well in my opinion CS change kills the continents and local markets. You want Continents? Big oceans? Local activities?
People being active on their neighbourhood, trading with mates, starting local communities?You want to make the continents unique? Add continent based products like: Northern Cheese, Southern fruits. Make the traveling oceans worth,fast, but add system that needs to be maintained like: Ocean CS Equivalent called for example lighthouse. you would need to build few of those to make a „ocean road”. Maintain them, add fuel to lit them, make it an fast travel system,
That needs to be maintained, protected. Because now everybody will use the CS to hop on other continents looking for sprucecaps to kill, everybody will just choose the best market because of Q, there are no advantages of continents atm besides realms and buffs... And if you dont want to keep the continents thing unique just delete the oceans :0
Wikimit2

Postby Ocerion » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:10 am

Any time you guys make a change a certain group of people like to fly off into a full blown retard rage screaming at you guys "For being idiots." so I wanted to say, as one of the people who play this game for reasons beyond trolling, thank you guys for all your hard work. Absolutely love the change to charter stones, super useful, super handy, and can't wait to see how it shakes out.
Ocerion

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 am

Good for those of us who have been raising will I guess. Suck it everyone else.
Kinda pointless having oceans at all if there is no plan to develop on the idea of localization and having unique benefits in different continents.
azrid

Postby Ants » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:28 am

Wikimit2 wrote:Well in my opinion CS change kills the continents and local markets. You want Continents? Big oceans? Local activities?
People being active on their neighbourhood, trading with mates, starting local communities?You want to make the continents unique? Add continent based products like: Northern Cheese, Southern fruits. Make the traveling oceans worth,fast, but add system that needs to be maintained like: Ocean CS Equivalent called for example lighthouse. you would need to build few of those to make a „ocean road”. Maintain them, add fuel to lit them, make it an fast travel system,
That needs to be maintained, protected. Because now everybody will use the CS to hop on other continents looking for sprucecaps to kill, everybody will just choose the best market because of Q, there are no advantages of continents atm besides realms and buffs... And if you dont want to keep the continents thing unique just delete the oceans :0

-lack of fast travel didn't make continents unique, it just made some shittier than others
-big factions don't run around killing sprucecaps as often as you'd think and anyways you can't die if you don't have rage

I like the idea of location based products though.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:"Oh look guys, we're once again backing down on our squishy line on fast travel."

Seriously... What was the point of all the excitement with continents and oceans and...

We're back to everyone just teleports everywhere.

Can't say as I'm surprised.

there is nothing fucking interesting in the ocean added yet. maybe expand on oceans a bit and then remove fast travel over ocean rn its just a baren wasteland i shift click and tab out and do something else just like everyone else. ( the poll already proved the point we made)
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Ants » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 am

wonder-ass wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:VERY COOL!!! will requirements are a bit lame tho. think its like 500 will to travel 120 or so minimaps

ye lower will requirement only titans can travel which tbh isnt fair.

What if smoking hemp would give you a will buff/decrease travel weariness? That could be useful and might make hemp buds worthwhile again.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:26 am

Kaios wrote:It was already pretty difficult to remove cairns tho what u think it's gonna be like when dudes can just port in near a challenge point on another continent. Can't always keep an eye on every place near you to prevent claims and walls and villages from going up.

Plus creating a rage/vandal alt is way too easy as well throw a few bluebells and shit on tables for a bunch of alts and in a few days you've got a criminal army.

i think its a bit dumb to class people running a kingdom or controlling a continent as NABS tho...
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements