Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 am

I think some of you are over-reacting to the CS changes, local markets are still going to keep their trade, hermits and casuals are not going to have the will requirements for a start and most probably never will have, even if they are lowered ... a lot of players will never own a knarr either, the people who do not have the time or want to travel all over the world will still use their local markets ... regardless of that, if your market is competitive and attractive why are these players going to bother going elsewhere. I still used local traders and traded with my neighbours even though I lived on the doorstep of CF last world.

Maybe it will actually attract new customers to other markets, I don't know anyone who only ever shops in their home town, do you? :)

As for the killing of sprucecaps propaganda ... in all my time here this has always been vastly exaggerated, with the exception of a handful of individuals who simply enjoy griefing and will continue to do so when they get an opportunity whether that be locally or further afield. The most violence occurs at the start of a world when everyone is vying for a position and grabbing resources. With siege now and the rage implementation the majority of hearthlings are safer than they have ever been!

I think it would also have been cool if we could tunnel under oceans, with ofc some extra dangers, collapses, flooding, etc and distance exceptions so that the shortest route would have to be taken into consideration and have been able to build roads to other continents ... we have the channel tunnel here. :)

jordancoles wrote:Actually, it's kinda cool looking on a wall

Shame we don't have ceilings ... :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:53 am

czaper2 wrote:Image

When are you fixing this problem?

You mean when are you fixing this problem?
Since it looks like you walk around in nettle gear and a straw hat, if you have any desire to own that presumably HQ pit clay, do something about it, vandalize the walls.
If you then state you cannot deal with their resistance then that alone justifies you not having access to it.

Making very powerful ''localized resources'' just pickable by any sprucecap that walks by is inherently broken thought and makes no sense balance wise.

The part that doesn't make sense is that you have to pretend to be a village to stake a claim to your resources.
Headchef

Postby Lyrroth » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:49 am

i love the over cry about this change lol. while i might agree charterstone should have somekind of timegate usage and will requiremed heavly nerfed so even noobs that care could use would be okay. interaction with players will increase.

people crying it will increase raiders killing noobs: it wont. would happen without it and theres even higher chance it wont happen now.

people crying it kills local markets. you dumb. why? because the best market is the one where bigger guys are. local markets will exist those will just never rise above. they never ment to be rise above anyway. to 4 markets i have been maybe 2 will prosper to be bigger ones. rest is ignored until something cheap happens. not saying about SELL IN SILVER STUFF BECUASE PEOPLE DONT HAVE GOLD FOR TRADE ONEONEONEONEONE!!!!1
Lyrroth

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 am

I don't think I am understanding the problem. Didn't characters always need a high stat to use teleportation devices? In legacy it was Agi, a few worlds ago it was Cha, and now it's Will. So why is it all of a sudden an issue that only "titans" can use these devices? How is it different from any other world that only a high stat character can teleport very long distances?
Zentetsuken

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 am

Zentetsuken wrote:I don't think I am understanding the problem. Didn't characters always need a high stat to use teleportation devices? In legacy it was Agi, a few worlds ago it was Cha, and now it's Will. So why is it all of a sudden an issue that only "titans" can use these devices? How is it different from any other world that only a high stat character can teleport very long distances?

Because other worlds you prepare 200 cupboards of tuber mash and gain few thousand charisma and this world you eat 3 pieces and see you again tomorrow. (Satiations if it isn't obvious)

This is why in general, it's significantly harder to be high feps this world , huge time gate.
Headchef

Postby Yuginelol » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:34 am

czaper2 wrote:Image

When are you fixing this problem?

Why is this a problem? There is an actual investment to claim that pit, you have to keep that village authoritated.

Banner trails circling around hermit pclaims to extend over entire mountain to get every salt basin, spire and whatever inbetween are cancer tho, should be purged. Or multiply auth drain for every x tiles that banner is away from original vclaim, I dunno. I don't feel that banner intent was making foraging and hunting hard, just extending you vclaim.
Yuginelol

Postby Kaios » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Yuginelol wrote:Why is this a problem? There is an actual investment to claim that pit, you have to keep that village authoritated.

Banner trails circling around hermit pclaims to extend over entire mountain to get every salt basin, spire and whatever inbetween are cancer tho, should be purged. Or multiply auth drain for every x tiles that banner

I disagree, it takes minimal effort to get the claim/pali/idol up and creating the alts to do it is also quite easy as well. You’re right that the slightly more difficult part is keeping the village’s authority filled but even if your alts have trouble with that you can oath in a main from any distance via party and with decent enough stats fill an idol in only a few curios.

Have to disagree with you on village extension too, yes maybe the tentacle extensions are reminiscent of poor realm expansion but this is partly the dev’s fault for creating this 100 tile limit between villages but still made it easy to create and maintain. I understand the point but I also feel that this arbitrary limit prevents proper expansion of a village. Once you get two villages competing in the same area you start to have to do weird things with banner placement in order to continue your expansion and prevent another.

There’s also the siege of course which everyone complains about and yet they wanna tell a dude that getting rid of multi layer pali over localized resource is not only their problem but that if they want nice things they have to compete with big factions like AD to get them. Yeah, just go take resources from a group with 500+ attrib 1k+ combat skill fighters I’m sure that is such an easy thing to do.

All of you dudes talking about travel being difficult just fucking suck at this game to be honest. You say you want permadeath, pvp, siege, and in general things that make the game more hardcore but for some reason you draw the line at travel because you think it should be possible to instantly move across the map. Well, you don’t get to have all those things and instant travel because permadeath, pvp, siege and the capability to go anywhere in an instant simply don’t mix well together so too bad eventually you’ll have to make up your minds about what direction you actually want to see this game move towards.
Kaios

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Kaios wrote:There’s also the siege of course which everyone complains about and yet they wanna tell a dude that getting rid of multi layer pali over localized resource is not only their problem but that if they want nice things they have to compete with big factions like AD to get them.

I guess you also noticed how some of these faction people always protect their own hide when they suggest changes to the game.
The hyper competitiveness and group think will heavily influence their opinions and suggestions.
Getting an edge over others and solidifying your position is more important than a well balanced game.
azrid

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:44 pm

azrid wrote:
Kaios wrote:There’s also the siege of course which everyone complains about and yet they wanna tell a dude that getting rid of multi layer pali over localized resource is not only their problem but that if they want nice things they have to compete with big factions like AD to get them.

I guess you also noticed how some of these faction people always protect their own hide when they suggest changes to the game.
The hyper competitiveness and group think will heavily influence their opinions and suggestions.
Getting an edge over others and solidifying your position is more important than a well balanced game.

Yes because the game would be so much better if all the HQ localized resources and such can be used by everyone!!!!

Maybe a sprucecap want to make a nice q53 treeplanters plot with that q90 pit clay and now the big mean factions take it away oh my god dirty inbalance faction hide protectors :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

People fail to realise that these things are usually to prevent others from doing the same, since it's a possible game mechanic, or to prevent others making alts who login there right before it spawns. But yes people are not equal, progress is not equal, so it is only logical the division of these resources is not equal either.
Headchef

Postby Kaios » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 pm

azrid wrote:I guess you also noticed how some of these faction people always protect their own hide when they suggest changes to the game.

Sure I have certainly called players out for doing that in the past and I'm probably guilty of it myself to some extent, I think we all tend to be a bit biased in our desires based on how we perceive certain mechanics but I can only speak for myself and I always try to offer my suggestions and criticism from the perspective of a casual player that isn't usually able to compete as effectively at the big boy level. The reason I do that is these are typically the players that make up the bulk of the player base. I do think this game has a significantly sized portion of hardcore players but for the most part when worlds die out those are the people who remain and the casuals/new players/etc. tend to drop off at this point and it is no surprise given the many reasons for doing so.

Headchef wrote:People fail to realise that these things are usually to prevent others from doing the same, since it's a possible game mechanic, or to prevent others making alts who login there right before it spawns. But yes people are not equal, progress is not equal, so it is only logical the division of these resources is not equal either.

That's not really true, if it were you would have siege changes you could use to crush everyone you want by now.

Kaios wrote:Serious question are there any realms besides Hedgehugs, AD, and Leviathan's Wake that actually have buffs competitive to those realms?

You know why you can't give me an answer on this? Because there aren't any other realms like that and everything not covered by AD or Leviathan's Wake is covered by Hedgehugs.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements