Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ceiling Pear

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Headchef wrote:Yes because the game would be so much better if all the HQ localized resources and such can be used by everyone!!!!

Maybe a sprucecap want to make a nice q53 treeplanters plot with that q90 pit clay and now the big mean factions take it away oh my god dirty inbalance faction hide protectors :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

People fail to realise that these things are usually to prevent others from doing the same, since it's a possible game mechanic, or to prevent others making alts who login there right before it spawns. But yes people are not equal, progress is not equal, so it is only logical the division of these resources is not equal either.

>muh noobs
If you think the invincibility of outposts is not a problem you are willfully ignorant. Or the owner of a invincible outpost.
azrid

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:44 pm

azrid wrote:
Headchef wrote:Yes because the game would be so much better if all the HQ localized resources and such can be used by everyone!!!!

Maybe a sprucecap want to make a nice q53 treeplanters plot with that q90 pit clay and now the big mean factions take it away oh my god dirty inbalance faction hide protectors :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

People fail to realise that these things are usually to prevent others from doing the same, since it's a possible game mechanic, or to prevent others making alts who login there right before it spawns. But yes people are not equal, progress is not equal, so it is only logical the division of these resources is not equal either.

>muh noobs
If you think the invincibility of outposts is not a problem you are willfully ignorant. Or the owner of a invincible outpost.

Yes it's a problem because the game doesn't differentiate between actual villages where people live in and village claims that are only for resources, which are being used because no such thing as resource claim exists.

But at the same time, fuck localized resources entirely in current state - some should be rare foragable, other should be meteor-like events in my opinion, don't see current way working out.

I own 10 village claims myself for resources btw.
Headchef

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Making localized resources rare forageables is a good idea in my opinion. Foraging is pretty useless in its current state so that would probably boost it a ton. This could also possibly benefit trading, providing more casual players (who probably don't depend so much on localized resources) with another item to trade with.
Atamzsiktrop

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Kaios wrote:
Kaios wrote:Serious question are there any realms besides Hedgehugs, AD, and Leviathan's Wake that actually have buffs competitive to those realms?

You know why you can't give me an answer on this? Because there aren't any other realms like that and everything not covered by AD or Leviathan's Wake is covered by Hedgehugs.

because owning a realm and maintaining it is aids nobody wants to bother with it. people rather have established people that know what they are doing owning the realm than some random sprucecap nobody that prob doesnt know wtf hes doing.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Only the shitty localized resources though, shouldn't get anything actually valuable by just existing and walking around random area.
Headchef

Postby Ants » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 pm

Yuginelol wrote:
czaper2 wrote:Image

When are you fixing this problem?

Couldn't you just battering ram it..?

Atamzsiktrop wrote:Making localized resources rare forageables is a good idea in my opinion. Foraging is pretty useless in its current state so that would probably boost it a ton. This could also possibly benefit trading, providing more casual players (who probably don't depend so much on localized resources) with another item to trade with.

+1

MAKE FORAGING GREAT AGAIN
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Expectation: fun exploration, with valuable rewards
Reality: patrol bots, and or nabs selling said foragables for a pittance they think is treasure in a market devalued by robots that they can't really compete in even if more of the resource is always useful because of a global pool the robots take 90% of

If you wanna be a cool kid forager go find a Q70 cave clay node and partake in the FUN AND INTERESTING profession of logging in/out every 17 minutes for 10 seconds while you learn javascript on the side so you don't need to manually log in/out every 17 minutes anymore. Also works with highQ mussel nodes if you've pearler
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Ants » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:40 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Expectation: fun exploration, with valuable rewards
Reality: patrol bots, and or nabs selling said foragables for a pittance they think is treasure in a market devalued by robots that they can't really compete in even if more of the resource is always useful because of a global pool the robots take 90% of

If you wanna be a cool kid forager go find a Q70 cave clay node and partake in the FUN AND INTERESTING profession of logging in/out every 17 minutes for 10 seconds while you learn javascript on the side so you don't need to manually log in/out every 17 minutes anymore. Also works with highQ mussel nodes if you've pearler

They're not THAT devalued.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Kaios » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:10 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Reality: patrol bots, and or nabs selling said foragables for a pittance they think is treasure in a market devalued by robots that they can't really compete in even if more of the resource is always useful because of a global pool the robots take 90% of

How is that different from now?
Kaios

Postby pppp » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:12 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Expectation: fun exploration, with valuable rewards

Superimposing another [Perlin noise] qfield over existing qfields, but being a function of (x,y,time) rather than only (x,y) would solve the above problem with checking only one spot while current good spots will still remain better on average. It would solve repetitiveness, but would not solve bot hordes.
Bot hordes can be mitigated by spawning valuable forageables on an event, as I suggested in another thread. Though I can also easily imagine an experience farm with a script written for it to facilitate resetting desired experience events.

Regarding the update itself, I am torn, because traveling became way easier, I'd say too easy for my taste. While I agree having a "no ocean travel" message when trying to teleport over a gulf was dumb, I do not like ease of travel everywhere atm. Perhaps the number of ocean tiles one can travel should be limited so traveling from one edge of the world to another takes a number of 'hops'. Markets offering intermediate charterstones for such 'hops' would gain some (possibly unwilling) potential customers.

Ants wrote:
sabinati wrote:what if pipeweed was a thing that did that already

Oh hey you're right, it can give you +10 will. That should probably be buffed.

Not necessarily picking on Ants, there is more people complaining about TW costs, but did you realize tobacco also restores TW in the process ?
That was even mentioned in forum early this world.

And once again, it's paving decay that turns road building into exercise in futility that should be fixed.
pppp

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements