Game Development: Stalking Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stalking Garden

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:18 pm

I think some recipes will need to be looked at now.

I don't know how immediately viable this makes foraging since I imagine that things like blueberries and chants and bulbs were only viable as food options BECAUSE they were able to be q pushed so high.

There is surely other recipes for int and dex and psy right now that will make blueberries, chants and cavebulbs rather useless at low q. Either their base feps need to be raised, or some recipes need to be shifted around to make the foraging these things worth the time for sure.

Chants and blueberries were a staple for noob foraging and trading in legacy because there were simply very little or zero other options for creating great foods for some stats.
Last edited by Zentetsuken on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zentetsuken

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Booooooo.

Unless you can plant the beans.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Randomovna » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 pm

cancer changes for pots big thanks
Randomovna

Postby Saigetsu » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:21 pm

You removed more thing then added...NICE PATCH!
Saigetsu

Postby toylover » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:21 pm

OMG.. it is a month that im pursuing this horrible gardener credo with horrible quests, now that im 4/5, now that i made something like 100+ pots, travelled across the continent to obtain things.. you make a change like this?
Unbelievable.. Don't know what to say, i usually don't criticize about changes, but this change is really horrible.
Credo steps aren't changed, still "Can plant chiming bluebells", why do you rush making not well thinked changes?
I agree that there is a need to improve the foraging system, but in this way the gardener credo is totally useless, especially for those like me who have been struggling for a long time to complete it and suddenly it becomes useless.
I think i will abandon it, even if im near the end.
toylover

Postby mesqalin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 pm

I worked my ass off to get the gardener credo and now u do this? Really worst update ever! totally ruined garden credo!
mesqalin

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Inb4 they revert and jorb posts something akin to "REEEE U NEVER APPRECIATE ANYTHING I DO FOR U"

This is yet another example of a situation that would've been avoided by 1 forum post asking for feedback before doing it, instead of after.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby ErdTod » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 pm

I think there also should be some sort of progression (infinite?) for foraging. Maybe based on perc*epc have a % of node that you can acquire capped by survival. I.e. you start off at 100% of a node (as it is currently), and each 100 perc*exp adds another 1% of node q. So if node had q100 nettles, now you will pick q101.
Last edited by ErdTod on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ErdTod

Postby Colin500 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 pm

I think you should announce your changes beforehand, so that you can get a feedback before fucking up.
Colin500

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements