Game Development: Stalking Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stalking Garden

Postby shubla » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:11 pm

why the heck did you rvert it?
devs truly suck
fuck them
fuck
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby CSPAN » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:52 pm

What if certain curios were behind an intelligence requirement to study. A new character couldn’t spawn in and start with the best curios. Lower level curios will always keep some kind of value.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Aceb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm

CSPAN wrote:What if certain curios were behind an intelligence requirement to study. A new character couldn’t spawn in and start with the best curios. Lower level curios will always keep some kind of value.

And the next You will want to propose will be to lock new characters ability to anything than blueberries to make blueberries worth so character don't gain instantly +150 intelligence?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:03 pm

CSPAN wrote:What if certain curios were behind an intelligence requirement to study. A new character couldn’t spawn in and start with the best curios. Lower level curios will always keep some kind of value.

how would that do anything to incentivize foraging after a month or so? More specifically, the point often repeated here is that established villages etc that have stuff newcomers want to buy, have no need of anything newcomers can produce/acquire. They would already be past any reasonable intelligence requirements, and nothing would change except pushing back people that need to catch up even more...
Kandarim

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 pm

That's called mental weight. :idea:
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Randomovna » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 pm

we have million good curios now if they continue add new curio again and again what shit curio would mean ? thats already broke balance between shit curio and good curio
Randomovna

Postby Chevredoux93 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Foraging means risking your alt. If you don't use alts, which would be a better gameplay, it means risk everything you've put into your main character, probably hundreds of hours.
All of this to get some shitty q30 curios or whatever, that you can replace with any of self made products.
Foraging sucks, after early world beginning, because of game's main features. It's loss of time, even you die doing it or not. And it did before credos were even invented. Forget perma death and everybody will go outta walls for such social activities like getting flowers or some shit in wonderful wilderness, for sure.
Last edited by Chevredoux93 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chevredoux93

Postby Ants » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:30 pm

Chevredoux93 wrote:Foraging means risking your alt. If you don't use alts, which would be a better gameplay, it means risk everything you've put into your main character, probably hundreds of hours.
All of this to get some shitty q30 curios or whatever, that you can replace with any of self made products.
Foraging sucks, after early world beginning, because of game's main features. Forget perma death and everybody will go outta walls for such social activities like getting flowers or some shit in wonderful wilderness, for sure.

You know you can't get killed if you don't have rage or a lot of wounds, right? Foraging is pretty safe unless you bought rage on your main character for some reason.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Chevredoux93 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:37 pm

Ants wrote:
Chevredoux93 wrote:Foraging means risking your alt. If you don't use alts, which would be a better gameplay, it means risk everything you've put into your main character, probably hundreds of hours.
Foraging sucks, after early world beginning, because of game's main features. Forget perma death and everybody will go outta walls for such social activities like getting flowers or some shit in wonderful wilderness, for sure.

You know you can't get killed if you don't have rage or a lot of wounds, right? Foraging is pretty safe unless you bought rage on your main character for some reason.

I know this but don't pvp and this world's changes made me quit. Maybe it's possible to 1 shot ppl and deplete all their hhp, maybe not. I'll assume you"re right, but foraging still sucks, everybody makes alts for the little things that requires to "go foraging". Because it's boring, it's long time for low reward, it's not useful. To be looted even if not killed, sucks too. And if people are encouraged to go foraging, what would be better? PVP titans slaughtering foraging alts or poor noobs hangin around? I can talk to anybody without doing these boring tasks, i just use visitor doors and let them open.
Want to have people foraging around? Just make it more viable than self production. More people will go. Some others like me probably won't because of time, but that would be more enjoyable for those who can.
Chevredoux93

Postby sabinati » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:14 am

do people actually just go foraging? i go questing or hunting or truffling and pick shit up along the way
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements