Game Development: Stalking Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stalking Garden

Postby Aceb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:35 am

sabinati wrote:do people actually just go foraging? i go questing or hunting or truffling and pick shit up along the way

Hermits and starters, yes. Rest of people don't. You have plenty of reasons to collecting forage during your way one way to your destination and unless You need something credo specific or quest specific, probably don't search too.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jordancoles » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Aceb wrote:
sabinati wrote:do people actually just go foraging? i go questing or hunting or truffling and pick shit up along the way

Hermits and starters, yes. Rest of people don't. You have plenty of reasons to collecting forage during your way one way to your destination and unless You need something credo specific or quest specific, probably don't search too.

I'll grab a flotsam as I'm boating around and maybe a bolete here and there.. but foraging for the sake of it doesn't really happen anymore unless I'm a fresh spawn.

In legacy I used to go out during dewy mantle time since I had swamps all around me, but that's a pain now because of the goddamn bugs everywhere and the infections
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby boreial » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:29 pm

The Q of forageables for an established character, just isn't there to inspire foraging for anything other than quest or credo needs. Should scale according to individual player growth.
boreial

Postby jordancoles » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:31 pm

For the devs:
If you make a new curio and if it isn't at least 1k lp/h, it likely will not be studied often, specially if it's a pain to make with many different materials or tools involved. Also, if it is 1k+ lp/h it still will not be studied by most players if you attach some bullshit mental weight to it (like 54 weight for angler scales? wtf dude)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loleznub » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:16 pm

jordancoles wrote:For the devs:
If you make a new curio and if it isn't at least 1k lp/h, it likely will not be studied often, specially if it's a pain to make with many different materials or tools involved. Also, if it is 1k+ lp/h it still will not be studied by most players if you attach some bullshit mental weight to it (like 54 weight for angler scales? wtf dude)

From the looks of past developments, I think the direction they want to take is nerfing everything so only the best curios give ~100lp/hr at q10 or so. Slows down the game significantly and causes it to be much more of a grind fest
loleznub

Postby Avu » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Hahahahaha what a shitshow.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby maze » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:48 pm

to put my 2 cents into this convo for foraging.

My Frav part of the world is exploring and being a nomad.
since garden pots and nerfs to forging
moving things like gathering clay and so on into masonry & the fact you can now MAKE better water and clay.

I've pretty much had nothing to provide to trade now a days.
And I don't really enjoy making a citys or giant alliances as I use to.

I still follow the game with the updates.
in what i've seen Game advancement/updates .... it's been really poor in the last while.

I don't see any quality of life updates for bigger villages.
Nothing comes around really for little guys.
And there been a lack of interesting items lately (People like to build expensive useless shit to show off their riches).

but back to on topic...foraging is very in the past for what it's useful for and what it could do.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Randomovna » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:36 am

Beans they exist ?
Randomovna

Postby Granger » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Randomovna wrote:we have million good curios now if they continue add new curio again and again what shit curio would mean ? thats already broke balance between shit curio and good curio

That's why I suggested boredom (and sane satiations).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Randomovna » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:26 pm

• Added "Burrower Stalks", they pop up here and there, now and then, and drop cool beans. They need to sprout fully before dropping anything. Find one!

are you sure you add them ?
Randomovna

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements