Game Development: Stalking Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stalking Garden

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:06 pm

I like the gardener pot nerf, but maybe some additional things can be added to pots now, even some mundane but interesting plants for crafting dyes or new coloured building materials/thatching?

Also I would like to see the change for the gardener credo now, what will the gardener credo unlock along the way?

EDIT: Yarrow being left is key, perhaps gardener could actually be more of a focus on healing herbs, maybe some new ones can be added or even some already existing ones can be added to pots?
Last edited by Zentetsuken on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zentetsuken

Postby boreial » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:06 pm

of all the updates I've seen this has to be the absolute WORST.
boreial

Postby KwonChiMin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

loftar wrote:If the things Gardener now allow you to pot are too useless, I think it would be more useful to move them to something else rather than restore them to what they were.

I don`t see new description of the credo. You could plant all that stuff without it.
So now it is just a fucking pain credo that could be fully replaced by doubling pots. And you don`t need it even doubled - cause you can`t plant anything useful at all.
KwonChiMin

Postby iamahh » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

you can't buff foraging without nerfing gardening

i'm doing gardener and planting Yarrow alone is worthy doing credo, plus as i understand you still can plant strawberries, chives, etc, right?

i didn't care about buffing foraging at all because i don't believe in Haven trading but these reactions are pathetic
iamahh

Postby Tamalak » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

I like the gardener nerf (ok, gardener removal). I've never liked gardening as a thing at all. We already have crops, and foragables, and then you make farmers able to grow foragables too, makes no sense.
Tamalak

Postby Ganhart » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:09 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Blueberries, Chantrelles, Stinging Nettle, Clover, Cavebulb, Chiming Bluebell, Bloodstern, Stalagoom can no longer be grown in Garden pots. Gardener now allows you to plant Lady's Mantle, Yarrow, and Troll Mushrooms. Foraging is now hopefully a bit more viable. Looking to make it more so.

How is foraging on Bluebells are more viable now? Basic Bluebells give you about 300-400 lp\h which is not viable for high-end characters as a regular curio, so I don't see a high chanse for them to be trades around.
Ganhart

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:09 pm

jorb wrote:I can't expect anyone to like it, perhaps, but the changes are reasonable, and open up some space to add more pottables in the future. Chantrelles and Blueberries were never the best candidates for pot growing.

That's just SOOOO NARROW-MINDED. One of those "Fuck off, entire beta, check it after 5 years - we have a lot for future"
Remove farming next patch, so fine fibers can only be achieved from dried WWW - big plus to foraging
Last edited by Enjoyment_2 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby lwdragon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:09 pm

jorb wrote:I can't expect anyone to like it, perhaps, but the changes are reasonable, and open up some space to add more pottables in the future. Chantrelles and Blueberries were never the best candidates for pot growing.

You, sir, clearly dont play your own game, because i see you dont know what you're talking about... but oh well, we are only sprucecaps...
lwdragon

Postby czaper2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:10 pm

I like it!
czaper2

Postby loftar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Nizuto wrote:Then what does it require? Bone Glue? We're reverting back to legacy?

It does require bone glue for repairs, yes, but just in case there was any doubt, they still require brimstone to be built.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements