Game Development: Stalking Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stalking Garden

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:23 pm

toylover wrote:I think i will abandon it, even if im near the end.

Pro tip: gardener is still one of the most relevant credos in the game because scholar is behind it
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby KwonChiMin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:25 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
toylover wrote:I think i will abandon it, even if im near the end.

Pro tip: gardener is still one of the most relevant credos in the game because scholar is behind it

Pro tip: Now it is just useless additional pain to get to Scholar. Inb4 credo tree is revamped as it should be.
KwonChiMin

Postby Leny » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Will consider removing the Gardener credo from requirements for Scholar?

Also - we've got like 400 garden pots that we no longer need if anybody's interested.
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Postby Colin500 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:25 pm

ErdTod wrote:I think there also should be some sort of progression (infinite?) for foraging. Maybe based on perc*epc have a % of node that you can acquire capped by survival. I.e. you start off at 100% of a node (as it is currently), and each 100 perc*exp adds another 1% of node q. So if node had q100 nettles, now you will pick q101.

Well, there could be something like "Increase ql by X of foraged plant after collecting at least X amount of this plant".
Colin500

Postby pppp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:26 pm

loftar wrote:If the things Gardener now allow you to pot are too useless, I think it would be more useful to move them to something else rather than restore them to what they were.

Lady's Mantle is not worth planting, it would have to be buffed along with dewy version to be viable.
As Ganhart wrote, Q50 bluebells are not worth studying either. This is not going to help foraging except early world. Consider buffing Bouquets made of different flowers
Planting yarrow is meh, there is plenty of it to pick anyway. Can stay as first level of credo anyway.
Consider planting chamomile instead as mid level of credo as this plant does not exist on some continents.
Stalagooms - not convinced if these ever were worth planting in the first place (minus credo)
pppp

Postby Randomovna » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:27 pm

y lets talk about cancer glue for repair who cares about pots right ?
Randomovna

Postby iamahh » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:28 pm

this will help noobs getting shekkels

i'm doing gardener and i'm not even mad, you can still plant some gud stuff, but i wouldn't mind getting a hat for the months i spent doing this ¦]
iamahh

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:30 pm

if you want less outrage revert changes and add some cool new foragebles that you CANT grow. that way both sides get what they want.
this was a big fuck you to people that built a lot of pots and spiraled their foragebles. (a step in the right direction just the wrong approach to it imo)
Last edited by wonder-ass on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby KitsuneG » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:30 pm

iamahh wrote:this will help noobs getting shekkels

i'm doing gardener and i'm not even mad, you can still plant some gud stuff, but i wouldn't mind getting a hat for the months i spent doing this ¦]

there only 3 items worth to plant: kvann, dill, and trollshrooms. this is not good at all - i understand that devs want to rework system - so REWORK IT and not just delete almost everything.
Last edited by KitsuneG on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby loftar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Well, let's put it like this, perhaps: Are y'all against the gardening changes because you think they are bad in and of themselves, or merely because you're invested in the structures that gardening has given rise to? In the case of the latter, I would question banning all and any kind of changes that people may be currently invested in. I don't really see how the changes are unreasonable in and of themselves. Perhaps they did make Gardener too useless (not sure about how that actually plays out), but if that is so, then surely we can think up new ways to make it useful again instead of just clinging to an arguably useless past.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements