Game Development: Indicator Thyme

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Indicator Thyme

Postby loleznub » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 am

Dakkan wrote:
sabinati wrote:I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE CHANGED X, STUPID DEVS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh yeah, REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I only have a single road to test the road weariness change, it is from the beginning of the world, and it's broken after 2 signposts. Costs 1%, which is still too high to bother. I'm usually at 100% because I hearth to my hearthfire regularly.

I really hated how polluted the world became with roads last world, but this world seems like the opposite extreme.

This is just bad testing. I can confirm the opposite, as my road (previously costing 10%), is now costing 1%, which I assume is the minimum amount for using a signpost. This road also goes ~5 map sections. Seems fine to me now, especially since you can literally rest in a bed for 5 minutes to get more than 1% back.

Previously my pearl runs were limited by both the signpost (10%), travel to home dock (10%), and then a hearthfire (1%), once every 30 min for a total of 21% travel weariness. Now, it's at 11% travel weariness, which assuming I rest after the run is completed for 30 min, I can pretty much do mussel runs nonstop now.

Seems good to me, so I guess it just means more mussels for me people who think this change is meaningless.
loleznub

Postby Tarnum » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:05 am

Nice to see huge siege bug fix at the end. About foraging maby just buff spider and his web? Only way to get them is foraging and a bit sad to see unplanteble shrooms or something. Maby add more random rewards when you just pick something when foraging? (must work only on normal foraging not when you picking river pearl mussels)
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

Postby Dakkan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:55 am

loleznub wrote:This is just bad testing. I can confirm the opposite, as my road (previously costing 10%), is now costing 1%, which I assume is the minimum amount for using a signpost. This road also goes ~5 map sections. Seems fine to me now, especially since you can literally rest in a bed for 5 minutes to get more than 1% back.

Previously my pearl runs were limited by both the signpost (10%), travel to home dock (10%), and then a hearthfire (1%), once every 30 min for a total of 21% travel weariness. Now, it's at 11% travel weariness, which assuming I rest after the run is completed for 30 min, I can pretty much do mussel runs nonstop now.

Seems good to me, so I guess it just means more mussels for me people who think this change is meaningless.

It's non-testing, I'm not going to test it, is the point.
Dakkan

Postby MrBunzy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:07 am

Did anyone find the magic beans yet?
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Redlaw » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 am

I have not seen a single one, un ready to pick or otherwise.
Redlaw

Postby pppp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:11 am

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Sage" and "Thyme". Herbs. Spices. Can be grown. Can be foraged.

Nice. I like how it opens path to Herbalist/Healer/Witch Doctor credo and I already hate how such a credo will become mandatory on a village level.
Both Thyme and Sage have healing properties an should not be reduced to spices.
Edit: references:
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... lic_en.pdf
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... n-1_en.pdf

jorb wrote:
  • Significantly reduced the travel weariness from roads.

Expected change, thanks.
People should remember that not only beds but also pipe stuff, cigars and heartwood leaves regenerate TW. Both I sell in CF. Shameless advert because why not.
One good quality cigar gives less than one pipewheeze wound on average, closer to 1 wound per 2 cigars, heals approx 50-100 will worth of TW and one pipe wheeze wound heals overnight in a good bed. Roads are quite viable for medium range travel but certainly too expensive for moving around the base - which maybe was never intended in the first place.

jorb wrote:[*] Itsy Bitsy Spider, Silkmoth Worms, Bee Larvae and The Bee that Stung counts as bugs

Niice, but. Bee Larvae and Bee that stung count now as 2 different bugs, I assume that moths and worms are counted as separate too (I am yet to test it once I have both). That means we have now 4 industry-made ingredients which come in better qualities than foraged replacements. It is now possible to ditch foragers and buy only high q bugs available in mass quantities. So the craft which was a hope for improving foraging now becomes another big boi toy. My suggestion is to increase ingredients to 8 bugs and perhaps buff base lp as well. By the way make it so different ants count as different bugs. It was not the case recently.
pppp

Postby tyrtix » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:31 pm

worm does not work actually (wich is fine to me).

Anyway, i think it could be cool to be able now to dry spices on herbalist table or drying racks, to make them gain in ql and be a powder (easier to stock).
tyrtix

Postby sabinati » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Dakkan wrote:
sabinati wrote:I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE CHANGED X, STUPID DEVS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh yeah, REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I only have a single road to test the road weariness change, it is from the beginning of the world, and it's broken after 2 signposts. Costs 1%, which is still too high to bother. I'm usually at 100% because I hearth to my hearthfire regularly.

I really hated how polluted the world became with roads last world, but this world seems like the opposite extreme.

lol build a bed
sabinati

Postby Jake024d » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Snails didn't count as bugs before update, and since they arent mentioned in the announcement im assuming they still dont. Not sure if intentional or you just werent aware
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

jorb wrote:I'm pretty badass.

jorb wrote:How many threads on this topic do we need?

Support the devs, #JORBTAR2016
Jake024d

Postby drakesaint » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:13 pm

pppp wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Added "Sage" and "Thyme". Herbs. Spices. Can be grown. Can be foraged.

Nice. I like how it opens path to Herbalist/Healer/Witch Doctor credo and I already hate how such a credo will become mandatory on a village level.
Both Thyme and Sage have healing properties an should not be reduced to spices.
Edit: references:
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... lic_en.pdf
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... n-1_en.pdf
[/quote]
I suggested it as a way to populate the gap in several forageables, and yes, I've mentioned the healing properties. If Loftar and jorb add the other forageables i've suggested, you'll probably get a a treatment for nerve damage. And i've also suggested studying forageables, but they chose both sage and thyme because as they said, realism. I'm extremely glad to be able to help them with suggesting content, and hope they fill in the entire list suggested! Thank you guys.
drakesaint

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements