Game Development: Fealty Fountain

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fealty Fountain

Postby pawnchito » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Have you made the stones though? At first I was concerned about people doing exactly something like that. Then I built one and the area it covers it's pretty small. It would be inconvenient for people to palisade claim them, might be easier to plop a personal claim on the entire hearthlands than try that.
pawnchito

Postby Ants » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 pm

pawnchito wrote:Have you made the stones though? At first I was concerned about people doing exactly something like that. Then I built one and the area it covers it's pretty small. It would be inconvenient for people to palisade claim them, might be easier to plop a personal claim on the entire hearthlands than try that.

Oh. It might not be so bad, then.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby KwonChiMin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:43 am

pawnchito wrote:Have you made the stones though? At first I was concerned about people doing exactly something like that. Then I built one and the area it covers it's pretty small. It would be inconvenient for people to palisade claim them, might be easier to plop a personal claim on the entire hearthlands than try that.

You obviously don`t need to fully cover with palisaded stones all of your territory. It is enough to make 1 outpost per 2 border cairns, so that enemy could not sneak it`s territory through them. And it isn`t even necessary to build such outposts on every border - just those with hot war going or covering local realm structures.
KwonChiMin

Postby Kaios » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:04 am

So if I build 1000 border cairns I’ll only need 500 outposts for each fealty stone? Still sounds like a much better idea to make a village for a border cairn that requires criminal acts and a challenge to destroy or place them inside various other villages instead. When you’re expanding cairns the total range is something like 450x450 meaning it becomes far more difficult to build cairns around that claim. Building around a fealty stone would be much easier especially if you’re placing them that far apart.

But I’ve been meaning to suggest that cairn challenging and destruction should be limited when it becomes a more feasible task anyways. For example you shouldn’t be allowed to challenge more cairns than are possible to be destroyed in that timeframe and considering how easy it becomes for a higher strength character to break them I think there should also be a minimum amount of time that you can eventually reach but are stopped at such as 20 minutes per cairn instead of it being 5-10.
Kaios

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm

free kaios
Atamzsiktrop

Postby Ants » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:09 pm

Kaios wrote:So if I build 1000 border cairns I’ll only need 500 outposts for each fealty stone? Still sounds like a much better idea to make a village for a border cairn that requires criminal acts and a challenge to destroy or place them inside various other villages instead. When you’re expanding cairns the total range is something like 450x450 meaning it becomes far more difficult to build cairns around that claim. Building around a fealty stone would be much easier especially if you’re placing them that far apart.

But I’ve been meaning to suggest that cairn challenging and destruction should be limited when it becomes a more feasible task anyways. For example you shouldn’t be allowed to challenge more cairns than are possible to be destroyed in that timeframe and considering how easy it becomes for a higher strength character to break them I think there should also be a minimum amount of time that you can eventually reach but are stopped at such as 20 minutes per cairn instead of it being 5-10.

What do you mean, more cairns that are possible to be destroyed in that timeframe? Couldn't someone destroy 30+ cairns if they bring lots of friends over to help with the smashing?

If you mean every character could only challenge a certain number of cairns: naked alts with challenge perms could easily bypass that.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby LostJustice » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:59 pm

Ants wrote:
Kaios wrote:So if I build 1000 border cairns I’ll only need 500 outposts for each fealty stone? Still sounds like a much better idea to make a village for a border cairn that requires criminal acts and a challenge to destroy or place them inside various other villages instead. When you’re expanding cairns the total range is something like 450x450 meaning it becomes far more difficult to build cairns around that claim. Building around a fealty stone would be much easier especially if you’re placing them that far apart.

What do you mean, more cairns that are possible to be destroyed in that timeframe? Couldn't someone destroy 30+ cairns if they bring lots of friends over to help with the smashing?

If you mean every character could only challenge a certain number of cairns: naked alts with challenge perms could easily bypass that.

False. Most people use alts to destroy them, like rage alts which virtually have no strength. Anything below 1k pretty much takes 30 minutes to break a cairn. So if I am on 4 accounts at the same time and challenging and breaking, we are looking at about 10-12 cairns per 2 hours because of included travel time. If a character has 1k strength the time seems to be halved but it still quite a long time to bash a cairn and a lot of energy and water required which causes its own problems.

This isn’t even including the initial 2 hour wait to even start breaking a cairn.
LostJustice

Previous

Return to Announcements