Game Development: Fealty Fountain

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fealty Fountain

Postby KwonChiMin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Astarisk wrote:Some white knight bullshit

The only Kaios point is "i`ve made a small shitty private realm, hadn`t done anything to attract members to it, i am too lazy/have no time to quest to maintain authority, pls do something so I could continue gain benefits of my private realm".

The only fucked up thing with realms, that could possibly be linked with maintenance decrease, was quest limit. And Kaios stated there that he does not quest anyway. So, sorry, but your mighty gallop for the rescue of your crying friend was not successful.
KwonChiMin

Postby Kaios » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:48 pm

You haven’t the slightest idea about what I do in-game so don’t pretend you know anything about me, I try very hard to help my fellow villagers and any other player that asks for assistance. Sure, I hate questing with a passion but if it’s something I need to do for my village or my realm I will certainly be doing it because that is the kind of player I am. If you’ve never played with me before you don’t have a clue about my playstyle or in what capacity I contribute to anything, you’re only making these claims based on bullshit assumptions.

A private realm? What the fuck is a private realm? You mean like something AD would create in order to benefit their main realm such as Never Neverland? I've never used authority of a realm unless it’s absolutely necessary but you must be delusional if you think the main realms don’t take advantage of all the authority that pours in through the exp events for their own personal benefit.

Realm mechanics needs much improvement and I would love to see that happen and help as much as I can by providing relevant information regarding how the mechanics play out. By you arguing on an entirely false basis it does nothing to help the devs in resolving any of the problems and improving realm mechanics for everyone.
Kaios

Postby Astarisk » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:32 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Some white knight bullshit

The only Kaios point is "i`ve made a small shitty private realm, hadn`t done anything to attract members to it, i am too lazy/have no time to quest to maintain authority, pls do something so I could continue gain benefits of my private realm".

The only fucked up thing with realms, that could possibly be linked with maintenance decrease, was quest limit. And Kaios stated there that he does not quest anyway. So, sorry, but your mighty gallop for the rescue of your crying friend was not successful.

Oh wow. You are full of yourself aren't you there? You missed every single point posted here. Here let me break it down for you.

A realms authority should not be earned solely by the people in charge of the realm. His realm is not a private realm and YGG still extends themselves throughout the world. But hey, all your realms are small compared to the behemoth that is HH. If you want to call YGG a private realm, than every other realm is also a private realm. If a small realm cannot exist then how can the developers expect any new realm to ever pop up. Lemme guess though, you are happy with the status quo right? You only want to see one or two realms covering the vast expanse that is the hearth lands right? Or is it that your group of people seems to have a vendetta against YGG? Do you let your hatred for another group blind you so much that you can't come up with a coherent discussion?

I've been watching the authority gain on all the realms and I can say that throughout them all most are either stagnant or see little gain. The costs and upkeep of the realm were figures thrown out in a world where questing was abundant and authority never dropped below max. It is a perfectly valid complaint to say that the upkeep of the realm is too much given the current state of the world with all the changes that has happened. Whether those changes may be through mechanics or dropping of players.

While Kaios may have stated that he does not quest (I don't know for certain as I never saw him mentioned it) earlier in this thread Stickman brought forth this complaint where he has to spend more time questing to barely keep the realm authority going than actually playing the game. If the life span of a realm is dependent upon a few people having to quest all day instead of playing the game then this is something that should be brought forth to the developers attention so they may weigh in on it and be aware of the problem.

Lastly, I don't need to gallop to rescue anyone just to call out the morons on these forums that want to bring drama to something simple as an update thread. Anyone who pays attention to the forums knows damn well whats going on. We could do something as simple as look up any post Kaios has and see the same flock of people jumping immediately after him. The brigading is damn obvious. I'd rather see this game be in a healthier state and part of maintaining a healthy game is to have a forum free of those who wish to just cause drama when others want to express what they believe needs to be changed. If you have nothing to contribute towards improving this game, which is clear as day fallen victim to an extremely toxic community and it is this community that will be the downfall of many, It is the people of the game that drives away more than any mechanical change implemented.

At the end of the day I hope the mods and Jorb finds it fit to curfew those who wish to systematically harass others like your group has been doing to Kaios.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby KwonChiMin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Astarisk wrote:Returning paladins gallop

The devs themselves do obviously want fewer realms as they have limited realm buffs not only by local resources but by territorial resources (irms and monos) too - I guess max of 2.5 full buffed realm is possible right now in the world, so 3-4 realms would be perfect state, both in terms of their peaceful inhabitants getting tasty buffs and large scale conflict. In that case basic realm life would be pretty much supported by exp events and casual questing.

And questing is important part of the game that leads to exp/authority gain for government needs (also taking people out of the walls for much anticipated player interactions lol).

So I really don`t see the problem for the proper realm upkeep cost right now.

PS concerning your devoted service to Kaios - he is not attacked by some GROUP, just random people pointing out his whine.
KwonChiMin

Postby Artemiswhb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:30 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:PS concerning your devoted service to Kaios - he is not attacked by some GROUP, just random people pointing out his whine.

Interesting that those "random" people always happen to be part of or were part of the same group/group of friends and or alliance though. But that's just random right?
Artemiswhb

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:
KwonChiMin wrote:PS concerning your devoted service to Kaios - he is not attacked by some GROUP, just random people pointing out his whine.

Interesting that those "random" people always happen to be part of or were part of the same group/group of friends and or alliance though. But that's just random right?

inb4 flippant/aloof '''''rebuttal''''' about how Kaios sucks or something
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby jorb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:37 pm

Not sure this is the thread for that discussion, guise.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:43 pm

jorb wrote:Not sure this is the thread for that discussion, guise.

Stop trying to white knight for kaios.
DDDsDD999

Postby Ants » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05 pm

MooCow wrote:
Embers wrote:To be honest, fealty stones sound like just another palisade/claim exploitfiesta waiting to happen. Also wouldn't it be better to make it an another realm object with separate setting of allowing to build fealty stones? I mean i'm all happy for the super anxious molerats to have their mines covered by the kingdom, but isn't it a little bit weird that they don't need to notify anyone in a kingdom, or even be a member of one?

Easiest solution to stop all fealty stone exploits.

• cairns are not blocked by fealty stones
  • cairns override fealty stones

Fealty stones and border cairns probably already with this way.

That wouldn't stop everything. See my previous post:
"I could see members of rival realms using spies to extend an opponent's realm over their farms/mines/whatever needs buffs that they need and don't have."

Kaios wrote:
Ants wrote:That's from an old update. What's your point?

It’s the update that added realms and it is the only post that definitively explains the intention. Good luck finding any other post from jorb or loftar that says anything along the lines of “only realms with the best buffs should be allowed to exist” because you won’t find anything of the sort.

No one is saying only realms with the best buffs should be allowed to exist. I'm saying that it should be possible for strong realms to throttle microkingdoms if they so choose. I'm saying warfare should exist, and it only makes sense that the strong should dominate over the weak.

Astarisk wrote:Honestly, I wish the mods would put an end to the the stalking of Kaios on the forums already. It's clearly obvious to any outsider whats going on when he posts any damn thread or response. You guys are predictable as hell and that's starting to ruin my forum experience.

Kaios could say the grass is green and the usual crowd would jump in here arguing he's wrong and that the grass is neon pink. It's absolutely asinine to be that infatuated with Kaios.

He brings up a legitimate point about realms. Out of the 7 realms that started with this world at most only 2 of them see a positive gain in authority. Out of the other 5 realms, 3 of them are straight dead and 2 of them are experiencing stagnant or dropping authority.

There should be "only one or two realms should exist" bullshit. Every realm should have a chance to succeed and expand. It's a shame to this game that there exists so little realms as that means there's little to no political interaction or fun going on elsewhere in the world. But no, you guys are so big on circle jerking the Kaios hate that you'd argue against good changes as long as you think it would get a rise out of him. You want to instead talk big and bad and try to ruin any point he wants to make.

You are honestly all acting like children and it makes me not want to read any thread as I know it'll be void of any semblance of a good argument and discussion.

Kaios posts a lot. What's the point of posting if no one is supposed to read or respond to your posts? He's not being stalked. You're only vouching for him because you're part of Yggdrasil too.

KwonChiMin explained what happened to the realms: Neverland got wiped, Veggies administration left like 2-3 months ago to play some other game, Therion and Yggdrasil are too small to keep their authority up.

Multiple realms should exist and they should all have a chance to succeed and expand. They should also have a chance to be destroyed. There can be no interesting political interaction until there can be war.

Astarisk wrote:At the end of the day I hope the mods and Jorb finds it fit to curfew those who wish to systematically harass others like your group has been doing to Kaios.

"I hope the mods and Jorb find it fit to curfew everyone who says mean things about my friend's posts."

Yeah ok. How about we just ban everyone who gives negative criticism to anyone else? Let's turn the forum into a hugbox. :roll:
In case you haven't noticed, people are being a lot more polite towards him than he is towards them. He's pretty prone to calling people retards or cunts. I don't mind it, but it does make your claims of harassment seem lopsided.

Kaios wrote:A private realm? What the fuck is a private realm? You mean like something AD would create in order to benefit their main realm such as Never Neverland? I've never used authority of a realm unless it’s absolutely necessary but you must be delusional if you think the main realms don’t take advantage of all the authority that pours in through the exp events for their own personal benefit.

It's a private realm because no one except your core group benefits from it, very few people are allowed to get oathed or invited to your discord and you ban everyone you don't like from public kingdom chat.

Would a thread in C&I be better? Perhaps Kaios can start one or the posts related to authority could be moved there.
Last edited by Ants on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby KwonChiMin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm

well... you check these threads more often than C&I.
KwonChiMin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements