Game Development: Wandering Chevon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wandering Chevon

Postby tyrtix » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:25 am

KwonChiMin wrote:
shubla wrote:I have suggested a fix for this earlier. Basically, amount of quests to complete a credo should be dynamic, and gradually decrease over time, until it stays at some base amount.
Then people who are busy, won't have to wait 1 year to get 1 credo, because the amount of quests that they need to finish drops over time, like 1 or 2 quests a day or something. But people who are not busy and can play a lot, still won't get bored, because they have more quests to do if they don't want to wait for them to decrease, but they still make progress a bit faster than those who don't spend that much time doing credos, so they get rewarded for their efforts. It would be good for everyone!

Yet another "shublas idea" - the reward to do nothing.
Most quests in most credos are either insta-complete if you are preparing for them with your day-to-day gameplay or "put study and wait". The only playtime consuming quests are in nomad credo (maybe also strider and new sage), cause you need to go places.

Oh, well... not exactly... i'm doing tailor credo and first two were already intensive for some purpose, if you're not in a village, thou for me are goodas they are, and if it takes time to find the mats to make 2-3 different gildings or artifacts, it's not a problem for me, gives to me a purpose to stay in game and play more.
tyrtix

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:56 pm

luv the elephant hat :pray:
ChildhoodObesity

Postby shubla » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
shubla wrote:
KwonChiMin wrote:credo is not instabuff mechanic, stop crying.

Let's say that I am a busy man and I can only play this game for 1½ hour a day.
how long does it take for me to get even one level 5 credo, (or two of them), assuming that daily at least half of that time goes to upkeeping study, farming, preparing food etc.
Way. too. long.

If you can only play 1-2 hours a day you will be very far behind on stats regardless, in literally any mmo out there.

I'm not talking about being behind in stats.
I talk about major part of the gameplay being completely unreachable for many players, because getting more than 1 or 2 credos with the current system requires amounts of grind that casual players will never be able to grind.

Literally only reason not to support my idea is that you have no life and have used 1000 hours to get 4 credos for your character so you don't want that other people maybe get them easier than you or something :roll:
HnH is very grindy game even without credos, but credos brought the grind to another level.

Devs have to choose whether they want to favor <hundred or so hardcore players who only play HnH 10 hours a day, or if they want to maybe decrease the amount of time this is needed to play this game, so other people could also enjoy all parts of it without playing excessive amounts of it every day.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby KwonChiMin » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:46 pm

shubla wrote:Devs have to choose whether they want to favor <hundred or so hardcore players who only play HnH 10 hours a day, or if they want to maybe decrease the amount of time this is needed to play this game, so other people could also enjoy all parts of it without playing excessive amounts of it every day.

It seems to me that you learned to play hnh from jorbs streams. And no, the game is not played like that.
KwonChiMin

Postby Leny » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:23 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:
shubla wrote:Devs have to choose whether they want to favor <hundred or so hardcore players who only play HnH 10 hours a day, or if they want to maybe decrease the amount of time this is needed to play this game, so other people could also enjoy all parts of it without playing excessive amounts of it every day.

It seems to me that you learned to play hnh from jorbs streams. And no, the game is not played like that.

The thing is that no-one from the devs is actually responding to this. Maybe an explanation why Loftar (Jorb mentioned that in the stream iirc) thinks that having multiple credos on 1 character should be this difficult? Is that supposed to support multiple roles in villages? My experience is that it only creates single purpose alts.

Maybe an explanation about the new credo and the walking in the forest thing?

Does it even matter what players think or want? :)
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Postby tyrtix » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:34 am

As an hermit and a low-level player, i can answer shubla and say that you need at least 1 week of 2h play everyday, to get forager credo if you devote most of the time to the credo questing itself, and from another week to 1 month to get the second credo, depending on how you play and what is the second credo, if you don't abuse the game mechanics (for example, farming credo? you have to wait tons of time if you want to grow everything it asks for yourself, and this still does not take into account that you cannot EVER finish any quest for milking an animal if you want to hermit that and do it yourself, just abandon them).

So yes, one of the problems in the game is that the level of the gameplay reached by some of the players and the developement itself, does not mirror the abilities of, for example, a new player coming in. It's like the developement followed the game by a power-player point of view, wich should be good even for anyone else, wich clearly can't be.
tyrtix

Postby czaper2 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:35 am

I think the new hat got placed in the wrong position in the store.

Elephant should be the newest right, not Kitsune?

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/store
czaper2

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 am

tyrtix wrote:So yes, one of the problems in the game is that the level of the gameplay reached by some of the players and the developement itself, does not mirror the abilities of, for example, a new player coming in. It's like the developement followed the game by a power-player point of view, wich should be good even for anyone else, wich clearly can't be.

Some things in mmo games should be behind social interaction curtain. The pleas like "i cant raid top world boss solo the game is too hardcore please make in more casual" ruined mmo genre as such... Now they are just like session games - hop-in get top content without any social interaction go sleep.
KwonChiMin

Postby tyrtix » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:
tyrtix wrote:So yes, one of the problems in the game is that the level of the gameplay reached by some of the players and the developement itself, does not mirror the abilities of, for example, a new player coming in. It's like the developement followed the game by a power-player point of view, wich should be good even for anyone else, wich clearly can't be.

Some things in mmo games should be behind social interaction curtain. The pleas like "i cant raid top world boss solo the game is too hardcore please make in more casual" ruined mmo genre as such... Now they are just like session games - hop-in get top content without any social interaction go sleep.

But you cannot even cater ALL the game toward more difficulty because the players that plays the game tends to be all powerplayers, since the game is totally unfriendly to everyone else; this is not the case but we're running toward that, lemme make an example: i have 50 perception atm and 30 exploration and still cannot see the new spices around, do you think that those are materials that may need 2-3 months for a new player to get? the same for tailor credo: second quest i got asked me for a charisma artifact: there are only two gildings for charisma, one of that is still unreachable, the other asks for a lot of wool (wool collar), and it's taking me days to find enough mouflons to get the wool, since i can get only ONE wool from each and need a total of 12, meaning that will need 3-4 days to make a single quest.
tyrtix

Postby Headchef » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:21 pm

tyrtix wrote:
KwonChiMin wrote:

But you cannot even cater ALL the game toward more difficulty because the players that plays the game tends to be all powerplayers, since the game is totally unfriendly to everyone else; this is not the case but we're running toward that, lemme make an example: i have 50 perception atm and 30 exploration and still cannot see the new spices around, do you think that those are materials that may need 2-3 months for a new player to get? the same for tailor credo: second quest i got asked me for a charisma artifact: there are only two gildings for charisma, one of that is still unreachable, the other asks for a lot of wool (wool collar), and it's taking me days to find enough mouflons to get the wool, since i can get only ONE wool from each and need a total of 12, meaning that will need 3-4 days to make a single quest.

Nice explination of how humans over time progressed to band together and form villages, while underdeveloped hermits were still rolling around in their own dirt because if people don't specify towards tasks then you're either going nowhere or progressing very slowly.

Anyone who barely plays, makes barely any progress, what a surprise.

I know hermits who are richer than me because they play a lot and know what they're doing. Then the other kind just does nothing and complain on forums everything is too hard :roll:
Headchef

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements