Game Development: Wandering Chevon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wandering Chevon

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:10 pm

tyrtix wrote:But you cannot even cater ALL the game toward more difficulty because the players that plays the game tends to be all powerplayers, since the game is totally unfriendly to everyone else; this is not the case but we're running toward that, lemme make an example: i have 50 perception atm and 30 exploration and still cannot see the new spices around, do you think that those are materials that may need 2-3 months for a new player to get? the same for tailor credo: second quest i got asked me for a charisma artifact: there are only two gildings for charisma, one of that is still unreachable, the other asks for a lot of wool (wool collar), and it's taking me days to find enough mouflons to get the wool, since i can get only ONE wool from each and need a total of 12, meaning that will need 3-4 days to make a single quest.

Thanks a lot for proving my point. You are playing alone in underdeveloped settlement. It is hard for you to make SOME of credo quest. But still you are making at least your 3rd credo. With 50*30 perc*exp (which are totally achievable for pretty casual player in like 2 weeks, and for power-player in a day or 2).
KwonChiMin

Postby tyrtix » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:55 pm

I didn't prove your point: they are doable, but in fact a player like me need to play A LOT (as i do) to achieve such credos, and i'm NOT a new player to the game. A new player will take even more time to do those credos and may aspire to make just 3, maybe 4 credos before the world reset, wich can be fine, if one does not take into account that those 4 credos represents merely 10-15% of the total choices proposed by the game, it's like saying to those players that they cannot play 80% of the game, wich is a seizable amount, and this is not exactly good for the game, will make all new players run away so fast they won't even harvest the first beautyful dream.
tyrtix

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:06 pm

tyrtix wrote:I didn't prove your point: they are doable, but in fact a player like me need to play A LOT (as i do) to achieve such credos, and i'm NOT a new player to the game. A new player will take even more time to do those credos and may aspire to make just 3, maybe 4 credos before the world reset, wich can be fine, if one does not take into account that those 4 credos represents merely 10-15% of the total choices proposed by the game, it's like saying to those players that they cannot play 80% of the game, wich is a seizable amount, and this is not exactly good for the game, will make all new players run away so fast they won't even harvest the first beautyful dream.

Your stats are proving that you are not playing a lot. Or (as in my case) do not powerplay.
It is sandbox MMO, every player choose how to play by himself, there is no strict goals, no fun scene after credits. So if the player choose to play alone he should be ready to not have top content. And if a player runs from the game before he even can settle - good riddance, noone cares for a mayfly hermit.
KwonChiMin

Postby tyrtix » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:42 pm

ok, even if i've explained myself, you seem not to grasp the thing. Not a problem for me.
tyrtix

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:48 pm

nothing personal. i just don`t like how nowadays every hardcore game becomes millenial friendly.
KwonChiMin

Postby Kaios » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:51 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:nothing personal. i just don`t like how nowadays every hardcore game becomes millenial friendly.

"power player" that relies on bots for any reasonable amount of progress and then complains millenials are ruining the hardcore aspect of games... okay.
Kaios

Postby Colin500 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:59 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:nothing personal. i just don`t like how nowadays every hardcore game becomes millenial friendly.

H&H is not hardcore anymore, there's plenty of food, plenty of animals, plenty of curios, gilds that are just plain broken in terms of quick stat gain, you "can't" get killed if you haven't bought Rage, there is Hearth Magic, Kingdom Buffs, burial that grants you back lots of your stats (remember Change/Tradition? that was real shit), and probably a lot more, that I cannot recall at this moment.
Colin500

Postby Massa » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:33 pm

You will once you have an actual god damn fucking job and can't play 16, but maybe 3, hours on a good day.

Why the fuck do jobless teenage eastern europeans run the groupthink on this game.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Massa wrote:

You will once you have an actual god damn fucking job and can't play 16, but maybe 3, hours on a good day.
Why the fuck do jobless teenage eastern europeans run the groupthink on this game.

yeah yeah, get some time management lessons. could keep up even when i had that 5/2 job with 1,5 hours commute. can keep up now just don`t want to.

also are you some kind of nazi supremacist?
KwonChiMin

Postby Ants » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:53 am

Massa wrote:

Maybe don't set your goals so high? You can enjoy the game without being one of the top players or having all credos. Instead of asking to nerf the entire credo system, you could suggest more noob friendly content. You could also buy an account with lots of credos if you're really desperate.

Colin500 wrote:

H&H is not hardcore anymore, there's plenty of food, plenty of animals, plenty of curios, gilds that are just plain broken in terms of quick stat gain, you "can't" get killed if you haven't bought Rage, there is Hearth Magic, Kingdom Buffs, burial that grants you back lots of your stats (remember Change/Tradition? that was real shit), and probably a lot more, that I cannot recall at this moment.

The game would be a lot more entertaining if it was easier to die. I still think it would be a good idea to cap combat stats so that people would be more inclined to buy rage and fight instead of cowering behind their walls whenever enemies are around. Capping combat stats would also keep difficult creatures challenging to kill. It's kind of weird seeing people kill bears in one hit. :?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements