Game Development: Wandering Chevon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wandering Chevon

Postby KwonChiMin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am

The quest amount of credo problem solves by looking at the credo nature itself. You just make tailor/cook/cave hermit/blacksmith on different characters. It really solves most of the problems and limits quest amounts to 70 max per final credo. And IF you want to get it all - welcome to my world of 20+ quests per tier.
It also solves satiation problem, overcrafting problem etc.
KwonChiMin

Postby Leny » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:53 pm

As previously mentioned - explain your patch in further detail, please.

KwonChiMin wrote:The quest amount of credo problem solves by looking at the credo nature itself. You just make tailor/cook/cave hermit/blacksmith on different characters. It really solves most of the problems and limits quest amounts to 70 max per final credo. And IF you want to get it all - welcome to my world of 20+ quests per tier.

Current credo system forces people to have multiple alts resulting in fun stuff like miners without any fighting capabilities which the devs combat by militarizing the underground. Or farmers/tailors/crafts that are complaining about having to go outside the village safety to do credo quests. There are problems on both sides of this issue. But as Jorb mentioned during the stream... you get burnt out doing the credos and with this food system I don't even enjoy the credos I've already done (I'd love to spawn trolls but I also want to grow my combat stats and mining ruins FEP gains). Some of them are simply just requirements which makes it even worse especially after certain amount of credos done. Just angrily grinding through stuff.

I'm currently at 20+ quests per level as well, would be much further if I haven't waited for 2 months trying to reset a single XP event quest (another interesting issue) and I'm seriously worried that when the new world comes I won't find the strenght to go through this again. Credos are too important right now so playing without them is not an option for me.

Also - 14 quests/level on 2 more characters and bunch more lower tier characters for various things.
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Postby tyrtix » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:58 pm

is it possible to put less than 1lt milk inside curding tub? if so, then it's possible to exploit the change by putting less milk in the tub to obtain a full curd.
tyrtix

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:37 pm

tyrtix wrote:is it possible to put less than 1lt milk inside curding tub? if so, then it's possible to exploit the change by putting less milk in the tub to obtain a full curd.

We random roll. If you have 0.37 liters of milk left, you have a 37/50 chance of getting a curd. The payout is thus statistically proportional to what you put in.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ants » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:45 pm

For the record, a meteorite bar is worth around 20 tokens right now. Making the new ring would cost 40 tokens. :(
Leny wrote:As previously mentioned - explain your patch in further detail, please.

KwonChiMin wrote:The quest amount of credo problem solves by looking at the credo nature itself. You just make tailor/cook/cave hermit/blacksmith on different characters. It really solves most of the problems and limits quest amounts to 70 max per final credo. And IF you want to get it all - welcome to my world of 20+ quests per tier.

Current credo system forces people to have multiple alts resulting in fun stuff like miners without any fighting capabilities which the devs combat by militarizing the underground. Or farmers/tailors/crafts that are complaining about having to go outside the village safety to do credo quests. There are problems on both sides of this issue. But as Jorb mentioned during the stream... you get burnt out doing the credos and with this food system I don't even enjoy the credos I've already done (I'd love to spawn trolls but I also want to grow my combat stats and mining ruins FEP gains). Some of them are simply just requirements which makes it even worse especially after certain amount of credos done. Just angrily grinding through stuff.

I'm currently at 20+ quests per level as well, would be much further if I haven't waited for 2 months trying to reset a single XP event quest (another interesting issue) and I'm seriously worried that when the new world comes I won't find the strenght to go through this again. Credos are too important right now so playing without them is not an option for me.

Also - 14 quests/level on 2 more characters and bunch more lower tier characters for various things.

FYI, it's safe to go outside village walls even if you have no fighting skills. There's nothing to fear unless you have rage. Whether or not that's a good thing is debatable, but there's nothing spooky about wandering out of the village if you're a crafter.

For mining FEPs: make butter porridge or pumpkin stew. They give constitution FEPs and lots of enegry, so it's not bad. Stew with bear or wolf meat probably gives STR too.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:11 am

jorb wrote:
tyrtix wrote:is it possible to put less than 1lt milk inside curding tub? if so, then it's possible to exploit the change by putting less milk in the tub to obtain a full curd.

We random roll. If you have 0.37 liters of milk left, you have a 37/50 chance of getting a curd. The payout is thus statistically proportional to what you put in.

so you litearally said "fuck off with all other questions on this patch" noice
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Kaios » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Kirche wrote:I love the complaints about credos, people who want even less shit to do in this game always make me laugh, credo's are long term goals and having them is supposed to be special, but everyone wants all of the credos just given to them, it's quite frankly not hard to get 90% of the credos that are in the game as it is, so to make them even easier to obtain is just a joke, the only thing that needs to change is to not lose credo progress on death.

Long term goals are great if they are interesting but there is nothing fun about the way credos and questing in general work. Do you enjoy monotonous delivery quests in other games? Well I heard another village needs your help!
Kaios

Postby shubla » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:53 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:
shubla wrote:You should stop adding new credos and instead change the mechanics so people with some other things in life to do than play HnH can get more than 2 credos out of the 200 that we currently have :roll:

credo is not instabuff mechanic, stop crying.

Let's say that I am a busy man and I can only play this game for 1½ hour a day.
how long does it take for me to get even one level 5 credo, (or two of them), assuming that daily at least half of that time goes to upkeeping study, farming, preparing food etc.
Way. too. long.

I have suggested a fix for this earlier. Basically, amount of quests to complete a credo should be dynamic, and gradually decrease over time, until it stays at some base amount.
Then people who are busy, won't have to wait 1 year to get 1 credo, because the amount of quests that they need to finish drops over time, like 1 or 2 quests a day or something. But people who are not busy and can play a lot, still won't get bored, because they have more quests to do if they don't want to wait for them to decrease, but they still make progress a bit faster than those who don't spend that much time doing credos, so they get rewarded for their efforts. It would be good for everyone!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:00 pm

shubla wrote:
KwonChiMin wrote:
shubla wrote:You should stop adding new credos and instead change the mechanics so people with some other things in life to do than play HnH can get more than 2 credos out of the 200 that we currently have :roll:

credo is not instabuff mechanic, stop crying.

Let's say that I am a busy man and I can only play this game for 1½ hour a day.
how long does it take for me to get even one level 5 credo, (or two of them), assuming that daily at least half of that time goes to upkeeping study, farming, preparing food etc.
Way. too. long.

If you can only play 1-2 hours a day you will be very far behind on stats regardless, in literally any mmo out there. I don't think any other mmos out there are compensating for people who can play for less time, why would haven? I am not convinced that credos currently exist in the most productive form they could, but if you can only play for 1 hour a day but are concerned about how much content you complete then I would argue that haven is probably not a very compatible game for your lifestyle and schedule.
Zentetsuken

Postby KwonChiMin » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:19 pm

shubla wrote:I have suggested a fix for this earlier. Basically, amount of quests to complete a credo should be dynamic, and gradually decrease over time, until it stays at some base amount.
Then people who are busy, won't have to wait 1 year to get 1 credo, because the amount of quests that they need to finish drops over time, like 1 or 2 quests a day or something. But people who are not busy and can play a lot, still won't get bored, because they have more quests to do if they don't want to wait for them to decrease, but they still make progress a bit faster than those who don't spend that much time doing credos, so they get rewarded for their efforts. It would be good for everyone!

Yet another "shublas idea" - the reward to do nothing.
Most quests in most credos are either insta-complete if you are preparing for them with your day-to-day gameplay or "put study and wait". The only playtime consuming quests are in nomad credo (maybe also strider and new sage), cause you need to go places.
KwonChiMin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements