Game Development: Season's Greetings

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Season's Greetings

Postby Agrik » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 pm

iamahh wrote:deep water freezes?
Later than shallow water, and gradually as well. And it looks like rivers freeze later than lakes.
Agrik

Postby Daboro » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:28 pm

First & formost thanks for the update, hope you ll develop this idea a bit more one day. Thou i have to admit the seasons need to be polished a bit more.
For instance, since preparation for the winter will require a bit of plannin & resource piling, it would be nice to see something like rl months system, to figure out where we are in the current season & when the next 1 will start. Dunno about other guys for me the comin of winter was a bit unexpected decpite all the wornings. Thou implementing somethin like months might require a lot of time & other resources just shifting a new season start for some even, prefferably decimal, date shouldnt be that hard. Personnaly i dont mind if the next spring will start at day 710 or 711 or even 721, this alone could simplify plannin a bit.
While winter should be a hard time for players,especially new ones,addin some bonuses like more fat,skin whatever on wild animals (or even some bear cave dungeon one day) will be nice indeed.
& last but not least credo progress & staff, concidering what a pain in the arse credoes r their progress really really shouldnt be blocked for 10 or more days,stuff like this will only lead to frustration & this in turn will affect population numbers, unless this is the thing we were aiming for. I do understand that this will require rework & adding a lot of unneeded checks in credo quest system, but something defenetly should be done here.
& map tiles, something should be done with this nice snowwhite tiles too, prefferably before shit will hit the fun & someone murge them in public map. :o
Daboro

Postby Witgang » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:48 pm

i really like the season's update except the part where winter affects underground tree's , why would the winter up top affect lvl 4 towercaps blocking them from reaching 100% growth and also not giving me any towercaps.
if i can't mine in the winter, can't farm in the winter, can't fish in the winter, can't work on tree farm in the winter, we are only left with hunting and .. that's it, exploring is out of the question when the entire map is white and you can't tell where you are unless you use a custom client and check the coord's.
please work on it and in next update make underground tree's and bushes be unaffected by seasons,also you should leave some of the tree's to still grow during winter , my pine tree's seem to have stopped growth while all others are stuck at 99%.

Witgang

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:00 pm

I agree that there's a lot more that could be done. I liked the animal fat idea. Some snow storms/weather would be cute. Not sure about an actual temperature meter and such. Could be fun. Warm objects melting snow around them. Would also really like for objects to snow over properly.

Also considering making one winter growable. Turnips, maybe.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:48 am

jorb wrote:

+1 ... pls.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby abt79 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:37 pm

jorb wrote:I agree that there's a lot more that could be done. I liked the animal fat idea. Some snow storms/weather would be cute. Not sure about an actual temperature meter and such. Could be fun. Warm objects melting snow around them. Would also really like for objects to snow over properly.

I think warmth would be fun (being too cold causes faster energy loss, so wear warm clothing, being too hot causes faster stam loss, so drink up/swim/get naked)

However the main issue with winter imo is that, and this is a big, BIG problem for progression: NEW PLAYERS CAN’T GET STRING
maybe some animal sinew from meat would be helpful? Idk, maybe that would nerf hide straps...
Either way, winter newbs need something or progression is basically impossible (no hides/leatherwork, no bows, no ropes for pali, etc)
abt79

Postby shubla » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:44 pm

jorb wrote:I agree that there's a lot more that could be done. I liked the animal fat idea. Some snow storms/weather would be cute. Not sure about an actual temperature meter and such. Could be fun. Warm objects melting snow around them. Would also really like for objects to snow over properly.

Don't listen too much to people complaining lack of activities during the winter time in HnH.
Some people play this game way too much, so it's good to have even 1 week for them every now and then to think about other things in life as well!! Or just have some vacation from playing the game.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Hartelz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:12 pm

How long until end of winter? I know it's supposed to last 10 days but I don't remember when it started. I like the cozy atmosphere, but 10 days is far too long to sit around doing nothing.
Hartelz

Postby sabinati » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:56 am

abt79 wrote: NEW PLAYERS CAN’T GET STRING

abt79 wrote:hide straps

rabbits, squirrels, and hedgehogs are still plentiful
sabinati

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:22 am

sabinati wrote:
abt79 wrote: NEW PLAYERS CAN’T GET STRING

abt79 wrote:hide straps

rabbits, squirrels, and hedgehogs are still plentiful

How do you bootstrap drying the first hides?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements