Game Development: Fall Time Frolicking

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fall Time Frolicking

Postby Mary_CZ » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:27 pm

Nice update.
Can be combat put e.g in qwert instead F1-F5? It will very help me.
Mary_CZ

Postby CaveHermit » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Mary_CZ wrote:Nice update.

Always u have option where u can use shift + 1-5
CaveHermit

Postby Saxony4 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:30 pm

patch seems to have broken my stone fence gates.
Same on custom and default client.
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby Mary_CZ » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:39 pm

CaveHermit wrote:
Mary_CZ wrote:Nice update.

Always u have option where u can use shift + 1-5

its bad too
Mary_CZ

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:53 pm

Saxony4 wrote:patch seems to have broken my stone fence gates.
Same on custom and default client.

Should be fixed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Fostik » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Leaf piles should spawn by rare ocassion: itsy-bitsy spider, adder
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Saxony4 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:57 pm

jorb wrote:Should be fixed.

indeed it has been fixed
gib dev cape
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby Forik » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:22 pm

This added a ton of flavor, it feels like it's actually fall! I'm enjoying frolicking through leaf piles, good job Jorb + Loftar!

EDIT: Also, it feels like running through a leaf pile should have a lore event for it.
Last edited by Forik on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forik

Postby Granger » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 pm

loftar wrote:
Witgang wrote:i would suggest to follow what Amber /ardenne's client has established as a standard for shortcut key's

Namely?

Either way, the point being that Shift has come to be used in many other places to initiate "multi-actions" (such as, area-harvesting, area-sowing, pick-up-multiple-items, &c), and so it would be consistent to use it as such on item transfer/drop as well.

The control scheme has grown more or less organically over the years, which isn't that good when it comes to consistency.

We have wild mix of a Scumm VM style point and click (select an action from the menu to perform on click target) and pick and apply (delivering items to questgivers) gobbled together with Windows context menus, DOS area application style à shortcuts (with a state to keep up with, right side menu) and keyboard modifiers galore.

I think it would be a good idea to make a list of all actions that are possible and formalize them into one schema that is consistent, intuitive, having as few states (that alert the outcome) and needing as less clicks/keystrokes as possible.

When it comes to keyboard modifiers to clicks I think shift for moving stuff (moving items between containers, picking up stuff, shooing animals, ...), control to impose will or change state (mount/dismount horses/boats/carts, operate machinery, ...) and alt to perform an alternative (means not completely but only slightly different) operation (move more things, initiate repeated actions like area farming or the built in taker instead of picking only one item, ...) could make it easier for new people to get the game.

Just decide on one control schema, so please choose one style (Lucas Arts point and click or EVE online RMB context menu everything) instead of tacking a colourful mix of unrelated control schemes together that leads to the user having to memorize every little thing on its own as there isn't any logical connection between how one thing works to the next.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Cimmera » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 pm

jorb wrote:
Cimmera wrote:Made sure to log out using my bed/sleep option again before the server went down but got completely naked this time in case the game eats my stuff again. Nice to see customer service working on the issue. Oh wait. Nothing's being done. That's right.

Not sure I have anything to go on. You claim to have experienced a strange behavior/bug, and I can only report, again, that yours is the only IP that has logged in on the account. Brother, roommate, dog?

No one else in my house plays this game. I would think given the fact that myself and my village mates have worked hard to make sure and rule out that there was anything else to explain why my stuff disappeared you'd be willing to finally pull logs and just replace it. I can't do any more of the work here. And just because I'm the only one doesn't mean it wasn't still caused by something in the update.

Seriously. This really isn't an unreasonable request and I'm not sitting here claiming I had super high end stuff and demanding like a crying, bratty, baby or bitching you out in pm that you give it all back I'm just asking you to pull the logs and replace my stuff. I've been very polite about this all as a paying player.
Cimmera

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements