JorbStream 20190831, 19:00 UTC

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: JorbStream 20190831, 19:00 UTC

Postby iamahh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:17 pm

realms could build a market structure, RTS style, allowing villages to NPC-trade between them, through offers and requests, generating some XP/auth... that's about the only way I'd engage trading in HH
iamahh

Re: JorbStream 20190831, 19:00 UTC

Postby Agrik » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:28 pm

MagicManICT wrote:We've had this discussion in the past. It's a torn subject. I dont' recall when/where the discussion was.
Yes, there was a discussion, but here I addressed the fact that jorb explicitly expressed his developer's doubt (at 1:46:56):
jorb, as far as I can transcript English speech with the help of Youtube subtitles, said, not wrote:Many MMOs live off of selling cosmetics, and you know having cosmetics being sought after items (?) like (?) I'm not entirely opposed to it but, if I could say one thing, it is that it definitely adds to the art tab. You know, I(?) mean all these things need resources and I'm kind of... a bit torn on how I feel about, for example, the fact that I spend a good part of every week's patch working on a hat for the patch. I'm not saying we should perhaps stop doing that but I'm also not convinced that it's the best, you know, investment of time and effort to make hats every week... but now everyone expecting(?) so it's practically your right for everyone to get their hat (inaudible)
When devs have doubts and players have doubts, I think, talks can help.

I'm not saying that drawing hats and selling them apiece for some $$ is a wrong way to earn money as an artist, If it works.
Agrik

Previous

Return to Announcements