Game Development: Kicksleddin' on Thin Ice

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Kicksleddin' on Thin Ice

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am

where is "No patch this week, because we have no idea what could be added as Spring-patch"?
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:where is "No patch this week, because we have no idea what could be added as Spring-patch"?

Spring is admittedly a little more difficult than the others. There will, however, be a small patch tonight.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 am

jorb wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:where is "No patch this week, because we have no idea what could be added as Spring-patch"?

Spring is admittedly a little more difficult than the others. There will, however, be a small patch tonight.

Good to know. Thx for info
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Archiplex » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:42 pm

Admittedly I wish there was a bit more transparency about future patches and whatnot, other than "we're looking at X".

I'm playing now because my sub timer is rolling, but admittedly a lot of the stuff i've run into seasons has been unpleasant (not that there hasn't been great things too, like the kicksled, but more bad than good- and only because i only recently started playing again). Had I known the fuller details of what seasons changed, I don't think I would have decided to start playing at all until summer; and now i'm increasingly wary about the proposed combat change, satiation change, and whether or not I should keep bothering to play right now anyhow (I'm basically only playing to make a pretty village, since i have no chance in hell of being relevant on the world-scale- and it's not like there'd be anything to do even if i was).

Really, the only future appeal of the game right now are dungeons and battling some harder creatures with my friends- and with how close to dead the world state currently is, some of us are wondering if it's worth playing any longer right now (in case an impending wipe will come soon)- or whether or not the coming updates will revitalize the server.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:19 am

Sleds seem overpowered. They're basically horses that can't be KOed, aggroed, raw hided, don't run out of stamina, and take a passenger. If you ever get caught without a sled you're extremely fricked.

If you don't want to do a complete rework, I think one way to balance it would be to make the winter snow/ice build up more quickly so there are less instances you'd need to ditch your sled in a chase. Also give it really low str requirements to run with... Maybe let us defend(but not attack) while carrying them.

An alternate balancing method(((they could be applied to coracles too))) would be to make them wearable, and just play different animation/give you speed bonuses when on the relevant terrains.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Previous

Return to Announcements