Game Development: Kicksleddin' on Thin Ice

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Kicksleddin' on Thin Ice

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Ants wrote:Getting your siege engine shot down by archery towers immediately after breaking through the first wall of a palisade layer is what makes siege truly impossible.

Why is it that you don't take down the archery towers with catapults?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby blinx » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Now we just need to tame wolves and get ourselves some dogsleds. Iditarod anyone?
blinx

Postby jordancoles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:39 pm

Neat
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby iamahh » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:08 am

drop a meteor and film the sled-pocalypse, sled is fun and chaotic, its perfect
iamahh

Postby bmjclark » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:27 am

Just popping in to remind people that this game was actual at it's most popular when siege was basically impossible against anyone with more than 6 IQ (much like now) in w5-7. That is all, carry on with your autism ants.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby ricky » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:37 am

jorb wrote:
  • Pickaxe is now required for quarrying stone from overworld stone tiles. Proper animation used.

okay, I GUESS.

could we at least be able to quarry rocks with an axe at half speed/half quality? rock patches are an early source of pavement material, otherwise its boulders and it can be difficult to get enough boulders of the same color.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby iamahh » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 am

could add option to attach bell to sled, or some other noisy stuff
iamahh

Postby Ants » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:43 am

bmjclark wrote:Just popping in to remind people that this game was actual at it's most popular when siege was basically impossible against anyone with more than 6 IQ (much like now) in w5-7. That is all, carry on with your autism ants.

I know nothing about legacy siege, but I assumed it was easier. I remember many people being afraid of raiders. Wasn't palibashing a thing back then?

loftar wrote:
Ants wrote:Getting your siege engine shot down by archery towers immediately after breaking through the first wall of a palisade layer is what makes siege truly impossible.

Why is it that you don't take down the archery towers with catapults?

From what I understand, it's because if the defenders have built their base properly the catapult will be shot down before getting the chance to fire. I PM'd you a more detailed answer, hopefully it helps.

iamahh wrote:drop a meteor and film the sled-pocalypse, sled is fun and chaotic, its perfect

Maybe next world. Unfortunately, meteors haven't been PVP events for several months now.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:47 am

Palibashing was a thing yes but for that very reason everyone had brickwalls as soon as it was viable. Having just a palisade after the world was more than a few months old was like having no wall at all.
NeoBasilisk

Postby bmjclark » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:59 am

Ants wrote:
bmjclark wrote:Just popping in to remind people that this game was actual at it's most popular when siege was basically impossible against anyone with more than 6 IQ (much like now) in w5-7. That is all, carry on with your autism ants.

I know nothing about legacy siege, but I assumed it was easier. I remember many people being afraid of raiders. Wasn't palibashing a thing back then?

No one had palisades. Everybody built a brickwall, which is exactly what would happen if that system were implemented here. Most sieges that actually happened were bug jumps or bug rams
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements