Game Development: Spring Chicken

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spring Chicken

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:22 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:Are crops growing faster in the spring, or did I just get used to not farming during the winter?

did you replant those seeds from "frozen" crops? If so, they were "hiddenly" grown for a long time (>3 RL days), so seeds accumulated max speed bonuses possible. Next time you replant them - all will be the same as before.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:50 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:
NeoBasilisk wrote:Are crops growing faster in the spring, or did I just get used to not farming during the winter?

did you replant those seeds from "frozen" crops? If so, they were "hiddenly" grown for a long time (>3 RL days), so seeds accumulated max speed bonuses possible. Next time you replant them - all will be the same as before.

Oh, that could have been it.
NeoBasilisk

Postby Ryououki » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:26 am

I cant find "wahed-up bladrerwrack". It because of "seasons" or because I got "quest" on it?
Ryououki

Postby borka » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 pm

Honestly it's not funny anymore to have to wait for tree seeds, cones and leaves that long ... too much sim is too much for recreational purposes ... and i'm not sure whether some garden pot stuff grows slower too ...

@Ryououki

did you try on ocean shores (sand beaches and grey stony one) ?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby pawnchito » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:15 am

Yeah. I guess it means tree q spiralling got nerfed to hell. It will be months for any significant increase likely.
pawnchito

Postby Agrik » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:57 am

Isn't it nerfed only to a half of what was before, to 30+10 days minus time to get "decay" hits to grow fruits each 2 months?
Agrik

Postby borka » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:23 am

pawnchito wrote: -snip- tree q spiralling

How the heck do you want spiral tree q ?!? Shall i hammer the cones after burning them ?!? And if they stay the same burn them again?!? :?

pawnchito wrote:-snip- It will be months for any significant increase likely.

Surely not ... while who knows what you call significant ... ;)

Just want to be able to keep on doing ... if no trees get planted there's no wood ... no wood: ... no coal no smelting ... no silk threads ... no cooking ... no baking ... besides upgrading tools'n'stuff from time to time ... and i don't want to chop without getting seeds to plant new ... while surely a q push is also wanted ...

Those trees where planted in mid autumn ... 2 weeks+ are a fricking long time in game ... while i found it really exciting to prep for winter (k - done - works) and experience the view i'm not as fond what results from it ... (that for i have RL to experience the wait for spare parts at work ... game is recreation ... )

btw. i'm ok with fruits not growing atm ... and garden pots seem to have normal grow times at least ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby boreial » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:39 am

currently, looks like trees may get 1 Mayyyybeee 2 planting per game year now, rather than weekly. Depending on WHEN seeds randomly (rng) appear on your trees.
boreial

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:40 am

I think devs think it's okay-mechanic and it would be okay... in vacuum.
But in reality, most ppl don't have a bunch of pots for replanting and mostly using 1-2 for that purposes. No matter is it a top-pot made by top-faction from top materials for it's own use, or some outdated top-pot bought by non-faction player on market. And all the trees planted before the middle of autumn would "grow up" (because you won't chop trees w/o geting seeds) instantly at summer, meaning you would have a lot of trees needed replantation and only 1-2 pots for it.
And that's a real problem.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby ErdTod » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 am

Though there have been many complaints that game is tedious, and often feels like "work". In the strawpoll thread tedium is top reason of quitting. I might be mistaken, since i am now not playing anymore - but doesn't that mean that if trees grow slower - there is less tedium? You don't have to chop and replant hundreds of trees every week now? And it's not ONLY for you, it's for all players, so you don't get overrun or something? And what's bad if everyone progresses slower, since there's just less tedium to do?
ErdTod

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements