Game Development: Snekkja

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Snekkja

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Vigilance wrote: if i wanted to play a weird half-assed moba I'd do that.

I think I said this myself during that whole "where meteor? where seidge?' business. Most MMOs today are going to some form of real-time attack system, though, instead of the "paced" attacks of the past (WoW, etc).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 am

Vigilance wrote:love you and freddie both dearly but this new combat system is definitely not going to be my style. if i wanted to play a weird half-assed moba I'd do that.

What sort of combat system would you want? Personally i haven't had a chance to use the new one in test server, but i am actually intrigued as to what kind of idea of a combat system you think would work well, cause i have thought about maybe a turn based one where your agi stat gives you more actions you can do per turn and every dodge or attack you try to make requires one action (but that is such a fucking terrible idea because it makes agi way to busted and it also slows down the speed of combat and running from combat would be a mess) but i genuinely have thought about it and i can't really see any other path that would work except for the "half-assed moba" path, so i am intrigued to see what you think would be a good combat system.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby HasseKebab » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Personally i really love the unique'ness of the combat systems we've had so far. My favourite being the attack and defend bar system we had in legacy, was quite unique and really cool/fun to play around with sure. But we've always had that defense attack bar thingy in the game with the exception of the first, 5 card combat system(which was horrible). Like current system has 4 different defence bars with a bunch of cool combinations of weapons and moves you can play aroun with to interact with these bars, and we'll still have that in the new one. I don't know of a single mmo with so much freedom in how you can interact in the combat systems as hafen does, you'll even have more interaction with the new system than ever before. Calling it a half assed moba is such an insult to this new system, if you could elaborate your thoughts Vigilace it would be much appreciated.
HasseKebab

Postby Archiplex » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 pm

HasseKebab wrote: Like current system has 4 different defence bars with a bunch of cool combinations of weapons and moves you can play aroun with to interact with these bars, and we'll still have that in the new one.

I was under the impression that this new combat system was going back to a single 'opening' bar rather than multiple colors and bars.

I think the fact that the skill tooltips haven't been updated and the icons still have directions on them is causing a bit of confusion

But yes, otherwise I do agree 'half assed moba' is an overblown insult here- but I am biased since I do like the new system and think it has a lot of potential.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby husky999 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:04 pm

When swimming on high seas, boat is getting damage? or we can safetly swim on it like normal row boat on rivers without thinking about boat health status?
husky999

Previous

Return to Announcements