Game Development: Snekkja

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Snekkja

Postby pawnchito » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:46 am

loftar wrote:
Archiplex wrote:this patch brought back midges :(

i was hoping jorb would never notice they were gone

No, they just came into season.

The real seasonal balance. Winter sucks but no midges.

Nice patch.
pawnchito

Postby Haarb » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:58 am

Attachments
485208958097686528.png
485208958097686528.png (12.37 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
Haarb

Postby MadNomad » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:31 am

loftar wrote:
Archiplex wrote:I'm getting the feeling this is uh, not how the test is supposed to work

Did you just have all those moves available to you? Because I can't reproduce myself on the test server.

I don't remember how I made that happen, but suddenly I managed to cause something like that too, and then I had all of the moves on my list of known moves
MadNomad

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 am

Very cool to have more distinct boat options.
NeoBasilisk

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:03 am

jorb wrote:The Snekkja does not, however, require siege machines to destroy.

That's just plain stupid. We had so many discussions why knarrs shouldn't be handbashable, it took years to win that battle, and now you're just coming up with new boat from the same point like nothing happened and we should again spend years to convince you to change it?
Fuck it.
Also, by "Knarrs are faster on oceans" you meant "Snekkjas are slower on ocean" or you really made Knarrs faster? If second, cool. If first, please, read this
Last edited by Enjoyment_2 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:24 am

I'd guess devs are worried that people would block rivers with Snekkjas, assuming they're much cheaper than knarr, if they weren't hand-bashable. Maybe give them immunity when they're on cklaim, or at least when docked.

Another solution could be to allow people to push (or maybe pull with rope) unclaimed Snekkjas slowly so they can be moved out of the way.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:33 am

vatas wrote:I'd guess devs are worried that people would block rivers with Snekkjas

Let's hope you're wrong, because if not...
Implement something new and make it worthless and flawed because of some old problem is just hilarious. Maybe better would be to find solution for said problem first?
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:20 am

Small Fixes
-----------------------
Whales should no longer attack people after sinking a Knarr.

You call this a fix?
Whales are smart animals jorb! They will get their revenge.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Archiplex » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:36 pm

vatas wrote:I'd guess devs are worried that people would block rivers with Snekkjas, assuming they're much cheaper than knarr, if they weren't hand-bashable. Maybe give them immunity when they're on cklaim, or at least when docked.

Another solution could be to allow people to push (or maybe pull with rope) unclaimed Snekkjas slowly so they can be moved out of the way.

This used to be an issue with knarrs and im pretty sure knarr sway was implemented to avoid this. Knarrs automatically drift to shores if they are in the middle of a river, and I don't see why Snekkjas wouldn't.

Enjoyment_2 wrote:
jorb wrote:The Snekkja does not, however, require siege machines to destroy.

That's just plain stupid. We had so many discussions why knarrs shouldn't be handbashable, it took years to win that battle, and now you're just coming up with new boat from the same point like nothing happened and we should again spend years to convince you to change it?
Fuck it.
Also, by "Knarrs are faster on oceans" you meant "Snekkjas are slower on ocean" or you really made Knarrs faster? If second, cool. If first, please, read this

Snekkjas require a fragment of the cost to produce and don't hold nearly as much. I don't see why they should have equal protection if they are clearly the mid-point gap between rowboats and knarrs.

It was also pretty obvious to me that he meant Snekkjas are slower than Knarrs when traveling over the seas; they don't seem any faster now.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:35 pm

It wasn't an issue, knarr sway was added because of 1 person who built like 20 knarrs to build an island vault for the luls. I've never seen a single knarr blocking a river on purpose.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements