Game Development: Shieldswipe

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Shieldswipe

Postby blank » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 am

new sword incoming?

blank

Postby pawnchito » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 am

jordancoles wrote:Neat
pawnchito

Postby loftar » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:44 am

wonder-ass wrote:bad change either make it so it requires ip to use or revert back to gaining openings. quick dodge is already too strong.
It may be too strong, but if that is so, I think it should probably be rebalanced in some other way, like adding a small windup, increasing its cooldown, or something. A dodged attack should be dodged.

wonder-ass wrote:holding down lowblow key just makes it auto attack after 3ish seconds, is this working as intended?
Yes, it does have an upper limit to how long it will let you hold it down.

wonder-ass wrote:also what is the point of lefthook when lowblow does it 100x better?
Low blow doesn't interrupt the player it hits.

wonder-ass wrote:attacks have no cd when colliding with shield up/quick dodge really hope this isnt intended.
Indeed not intended. Thanks for the report.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:45 pm

loftar wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:bad change either make it so it requires ip to use or revert back to gaining openings. quick dodge is already too strong.
It may be too strong, but if that is so, I think it should probably be rebalanced in some other way, like adding a small windup, increasing its cooldown, or something. A dodged attack should be dodged.

it was balanced that way tho? dont want to risk taking damage quick dodge feeling confident use something like punch to block the attack no damage no opening.

loftar wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:also what is the point of lefthook when lowblow does it 100x better?
Low blow doesn't interrupt the player it hits.

there are moves far better at interrupting than lefthook. id say lowblow is the perfect move to spam on people to keep their opening nice and high.
lowblow > player uses jump> punch +1ip > continue lowblow until desired openings > kito
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby abt79 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:15 pm

add animals (or dummies/chickens if you haven't figured out animal moves) to the test server so we can test when no one's online, we can't even begin a combat relation and see how each move works if the test server is abandoned which it usually is
abt79

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:31 pm

abt79 wrote:add animals (or dummies/chickens if you haven't figured out animal moves) to the test server so we can test when no one's online, we can't even begin a combat relation and see how each move works if the test server is abandoned which it usually is

see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:02 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
abt79 wrote:add animals (or dummies/chickens if you haven't figured out animal moves) to the test server so we can test when no one's online, we can't even begin a combat relation and see how each move works if the test server is abandoned which it usually is

Or bring friends/villagers. I'd imagine that asking in one of the public Discord channels might yield a couple of volunteers, too.

The downside of "two accounts" is the other doesn't move much. Some sparring dummies that have some basic AI or random movement would be helpful.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Vigilance » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:39 pm

wonder-ass wrote:log in with 2 accounts to spar the other and test moves.

downside of this is that you dont get to experience how disjointed it feels fighting another moving target

also, since i dont believe this was ever responded to:
Vigilance wrote:what is the takeaway remark from devs regarding how awkwardly clunky and non-functional this combat feels

im kind of on the other side of an ocean. i'm almost certain that if this combat goes through pvp is an entire non-option for me, and honestly it might even get to the point that pve isnt an option either. this combat seems like it will REQUIRE smoother netcode and lower pings.

no idea how much of this is a "Grass is greener" situation, but seeing as how people seem to actually like this combat (with everyone i've heard liking it being european?) i doubt that concept.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby mvgulik » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:13 pm

maze wrote:also his post says $7 again

ie: Original patch post uses 2 different prices.
10$ being the wrong one, compared to the $7 price in store-page.

(Jorb on a little holiday ?)
mvgulik

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:35 pm

The system still just doesn't work, there's nothing to stop someone from just walking in the opposite direction from you because they feel like it.
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements