Game Development: Feasting Leonardo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Feasting Leonardo

Postby sabinati » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:07 am

toothpix wrote:How about some stat influence for the jobs that can be done with throwaway alts right now?

Like what?
sabinati

Postby MarcusXDead » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:21 pm

jordancoles wrote:
Granger wrote:How about some stat influence for the jobs that can be done with throwaway alts right now?Any good reason why this shouldn't happen, apart from inconveniencing the ones that alt the shit out of the game?

Inconveniencing literally everyone?

Fixed quoting*
Literally everyone who is okay with current system you wanted to say.

toothpix wrote:The idea would be to keep the experience similar to what we have now for a 'main' character while hopefully discouraging throwaway alts. Maybe count the stats for energy consumption somehow so you can just keep going longer on a more developed character:)

It's a preety good idea in general, but in the very begining when you just start playing, or after world reset doing hard labor with alts will still be viable, cuz "mains" are no different from alts in terms of stats.
...Maybe giving something like stats or LP for doing hard labor, traveling and enduring penalties (like wounds and and everything else that is avoided by using alts) is a valid path?

Jorbtar, do you even read this? Care to say anything, or maybe we shouldn't waste our time on trying to get your attention and suggesting ideas?
I mean if you're totally okay with it, what's the point of bringing it up again and again? Let us know what *you* think please.
Last edited by MarcusXDead on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby jordancoles » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:38 pm

MarcusXDead wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Any good reason why this shouldn't happen, apart from inconveniencing the ones that alt the shit out of the game?
Inconveniencing literally everyone?

L2quote please, I didn't say that first sentence
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Tahlia » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:41 am

Just a note from me, I really really love the fact that drinking now gives Energy without killing hunger. It drove me nuts having to slash my hunger bar just keep working on my main.
Yes this requires some work to make the drinks in the first place and time to drink them but it makes it possible with a bit of work to keep mining etc as long as you like.

I am definitely finding that I am eating a wider variety of foods with the new satiation's.

I think the next thing to balance when you look back at food will be total FEP's vs hunger vs how hard it is to acquire the ingredients vs how much the food scales quality wise with better cooking equipment.

If there is a way to make foraged ingredients more desirable (vs grown/garden potted) that would be a bonus, as it would give newer players something of value to trade.
Tahlia

Postby Rexz » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Tahlia wrote:Just a note from me, I really really love the fact that drinking now gives Energy without killing hunger. It drove me nuts having to slash my hunger bar just keep working on my main.
Yes this requires some work to make the drinks in the first place and time to drink them but it makes it possible with a bit of work to keep mining etc as long as you like.

I am definitely finding that I am eating a wider variety of foods with the new satiation's.

I think the next thing to balance when you look back at food will be total FEP's vs hunger vs how hard it is to acquire the ingredients vs how much the food scales quality wise with better cooking equipment.

If there is a way to make foraged ingredients more desirable (vs grown/garden potted) that would be a bonus, as it would give newer players something of value to trade.

+1

An adjustment of satiation increase could also be looked into imo for certain food(ie. varied increase in satiation within a category of food, like food that aren't as effective in FEP and/or FEP/hunger but increase your satiation less)
Rexz

Postby kill5link » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Is this a bug?

Since the update all food counts as itself, even carrots and such.

But if I eat cave angler meat, it counts as "Meat" category. Not as cave angler meat.

Is this intended? The way I understood it, every food only reduces itself and no longer entire food categories.

Pic related, its meat reduced from eating dried cave angler meat.
Attachments
CaveAngler.jpg
CaveAngler.jpg (19.87 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
kill5link

Postby not_a_cat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:17 pm

kill5link wrote:Is this a bug? ...

First check it out in the vanilla client. A "bug" may be related to
"UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS... if you want to display meat types and the satiation table properly." warning and caused by outdated custom client
not_a_cat

Postby jorb » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:52 am

DevStream, 20191221, Saturday, 20:00 UTC

Loftar and I will both be on, on fire with festive christmas spirit, and do the final patch of the year during the stream. Come hang out!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:50 am

Would be nice to have additional in-game drink-buff feedback for/at foods-items.
mvgulik

Previous

Return to Announcements