Game Development: Feasting Leonardo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Feasting Leonardo

Postby snapko1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Ocerion wrote:Lol the problem isn't that the current system encourages alts. Anyone can make alts, alts aren't restricted to a select few people. The problem is the time required to get the full bonuses. Some of us don't have 20 hours a day to do endless questing. This game is brutal towards people who have jobs, or children, or school. I miss the old school haven hunger thing. Being overstuffed was funny.

I'm glad you've proven my point :)
snapko1

Postby sabinati » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:08 pm

snapko1 wrote:/rant
To progress in this game with one character you need energy. To restore it you need to eat food, looks like simple game loop and here is the problem. If you eat food to restore energy - you waste hunger. Thats it. Hunger literally triples your FEP gain and speeds up your stat rising speed three times.

Question, how I'm supposed to get stuff done and eat efficiently and the answer is - you dont.
If I do eat food even though I have less than 300% bonus, I will waste two times or even three times more food to get the same amount of stats! Ridiculous right? Well then dont eat food with less than 300% bonus, its simple! Yeah, except you dont get any energy to play the game... oh. thats hurts, but I bought the game and want to play it, how come I cant get anything done now? :(

Solution - ALTs, freaking ton of them.
You need to get stuff done? Just create another alt, waste his energy, his stats are irrelevant anyway. You need to do dangerous task? Create an alt! Why should you risk getting trauma and heal it if you can just create another toon in a minute or two? Did I mention that its free as well? True sales pitch for HnH right here.

If you like to limit people with hunger bonus that much, do something with energy as limiting factor as well. People are literally punished for playing the game as intended. You cant do anything with alts, sure, but it can be atleast playable for people who actually want to play fairly as it was designed.
/rant
Nice hat btw. :)

the point of 300% bonus isn't ONLY EVER EAT AT 300%, it's a bonus for people who are casual and don't play all the time. It takes too long to get back to full 300% bar for it to be even close to the most efficient way to eat.

also they made drinks give energy to mitigate the energy problem.
sabinati

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:08 pm

sabinati wrote:the point of 300% bonus isn't ONLY EVER EAT AT 300%, it's a bonus for people who are casual and don't play all the time. It takes too long to get back to full 300% bar for it to be even close to the most efficient way to eat.

and yet you can bypass this system with salt lmao. just like how credos + exp abilities + icicles + questing basically made curios and the idea behind it pointless.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby sabinati » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:23 am

you can use salt and questing to boost your gainz, yes. that isn't the point though. with or without salt and questing, eating only at 300% is a severe handicap.
sabinati

Postby pawnchito » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:04 am

cool update. Nice way to get more foods. wish we could run over small animals on sleds.
pawnchito

Postby toothpix » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm

How about some stat influence for the jobs that can be done with throwaway alts right now?
toothpix

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:55 pm

toothpix wrote:How about some stat influence for the jobs that can be done with throwaway alts right now?

how about no?
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Granger » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:56 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
toothpix wrote:How about some stat influence for the jobs that can be done with throwaway alts right now?

how about no?

Any good reason why this shouldn't happen, apart from inconveniencing the ones that alt the shit out of the game?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Granger wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:

how about no?

Any good reason why this shouldn't happen, apart from inconveniencing the ones that alt the shit out of the game?

Inconveniencing literally everyone?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby toothpix » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:07 am

The idea would be to keep the experience similar to what we have now for a 'main' character while hopefully discouraging throwaway alts. Maybe count the stats for energy consumption somehow so you can just keep going longer on a more developed character:)
toothpix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements