Game Development: Feasting Leonardo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Feasting Leonardo

Postby sabinati » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:32 am

it definitely incentivizes more variety of food. i think i'd like separate buffs, or a toggle for keeping the buff description open for the drink types so it's easier to keep track of them.
sabinati

Postby azrid » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 am

Great change to food system. Now there is no reason to remove hunger or satiations from the game.
azrid

Postby Granger » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 am

So, what are the ill effects of each drink and how much of it comsumed is needed to trigger it?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby 524u » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Finally
B)
524u

Postby HasseKebab » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Removal or rework of hunger bar when?
HasseKebab

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Given this satiation rework, I'm not sure I think that Hunger should be reworked any longer. With no hunger bar whatsoever, you'd have a pretty dumb incentive to just eat literally every possible foodstuff in the entire game, and I'm not at all sure that would be an improvement. I feel that it provides a reasonable balance to the variety encouraged by these satiations.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:07 pm

loftar wrote:you'd have a pretty dumb incentive to just eat literally every possible foodstuff in the entire game

its already here, but it takes some variety to gain stat (10 shit-food up to 300 stats, 10 mid-food up to 600 stats, etc)

P.S. here was a nice feature when you have not need to drink when overfeeded 1234% #makeoverfeededgreatagain
ctopolon4

Postby Rexz » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:
loftar wrote:you'd have a pretty dumb incentive to just eat literally every possible foodstuff in the entire game

its already here, but it takes some variety to gain stat (10 shit-food up to 300 stats, 10 mid-food up to 600 stats, etc)

Then it's not really here, and that's what the devs intends for it to be.

If you can eat any food without thinking, and have less or no repercussion, then having food variety would be just kinda pointless.
Rexz

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Rexz wrote:
If you can eat any food without thinking, and have less or no repercussion, then having food variety would be just kinda pointless.

Did you even read the patchnotes? You'd still get satiations lol, you would have to eat variety of food to make a good use of no hunger system, right now satiations surely work better but still there will be 10~ best meals that everyone will spam because there will be a lot of food that will not be worth wasting hunger on, if there was no hunger at all then people would eat all kinds of food to make best use of satiations, that'd force people to plant more crops that they now skip cuz they're useless, different kinds of meat would be usefull etc etc.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Rexz » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:52 am

Ozzy123 wrote:
Rexz wrote:

Did you even read the patchnotes? You'd still get satiations lol, you would have to eat variety of food to make a good use of no hunger system, right now satiations surely work better but still there will be 10~ best meals that everyone will spam because there will be a lot of food that will not be worth wasting hunger on, if there was no hunger at all then people would eat all kinds of food to make best use of satiations, that'd force people to plant more crops that they now skip cuz they're useless, different kinds of meat would be usefull etc etc.

I was responding to OP who implies otherwise; that what the dev is trying to mitigate is still happening, except it isn't.

My comment implies what you said; right now you still have to plan out what to eat, but it's not as restrictive as before with meta/macro satiation. Now satiation is still restrictive on spam eating the same kind of food, but the mitigation is lessen and therefore less annoying and not that big of a problem.

And sure there would still be food that are meta, but with things like salt and quest reward that remove hunger %, you can eat more food that aren't meta if you want to increase certain stat still while waiting for "meta food satiation" to go away. I think all the people complaining still are just being petty. We'll have to see how thing pans out in a couple weeks, but at the moment it's a good change that shouldn't really warrant more complaining unless people have something constructive to say about it.
Rexz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements